Portland, OR Feb 26th 7 pm -- Vintage Champagne: Fried Chicken!

Folks,

My friend Maya will host us for an offline. She’s been getting great press Mae Settles in Behind Old Salt Marketplace - Eater Portland on her pop ups and I’d like to support her efforts to expand toward a full restaurant.

Tickets for the food are available here (BYO a Vintage Champagne!)

About half of people so far are bringing significant others.

Here’s the menu she plans, subject to harvest conditions:

• baby carrots, black garlic & house-roasted coffee mayo, brown butter crunch
  • “she crab” soup: our version of the southern classic, made with Oregon dungeness crab
  • angel biscuits and stoneground white cornbread with relish tray: pimento cheese, summer pickles, shaved 16 month aged country ham from Allan Benton, sorghum butter with smoked salt, strawberry spruce tip jam
  • buttermilk brined chicken, fried in three fats
  • carolina gold rice & sea island red pea hoppin’ john
  • baked anson mills coarse yellow grits with smoked Tillamook cheddar
  • roasted cauliflower, brown butter vinaigrette, benne & chervil
  • butternut squash farroto with compressed apple & pecan salad

I decided to do tickets so we don’t have to worry about no-shows. I’m not profiting in any way.

I’ll be out of town or I’d attend. Maya is the real deal.

Sounds like a great idea. Fried chicken and Champagne are one of my favorite pairings. Wish I was in Portland for it!

Agreed! Really bringing a new dimension to Portland.

Unfortunate, but there might be some other out of towners given the next day us the Oregon Chardonnay Celebration.

This sounds great. I am going to do this but need help in sourcing some aged bubbles.

I actually did this last night with a 98 Tattinger Comtes at Little Bird with their fried chicken coq a vin. The dishwas pretty good, the chicken was very good, but the bubbles and pairing were divine.

How about 2002 Perseval Farge 1er Cru Brut?
2004 Billecart Salmon?
1998 Dumont?

4 tickets remain.

one seat left and here’s a nice review of Mae: http://www.portlandmercury.com/portland/mae-will-leave-you-stuffed-and-longing-for-more/Content?oid=17513874