Metro Sacramento Area - Downtown Offline April 11

I am trying to form/find a tasting group in the greater/metro Sacramento area, and have 1 or 2 folks who would join in, who may only rarely chime in on this board. Perhaps their participation on the board would increase over time.

General idea would be to meet every six weeks, probably at a corkage friendly downtown location during the work week, over dinner.

I don’t have pre-formed notions on what we’d taste, but generally prior groups I was involved in would cycle through various regions/grapes etc.

If you think you might be interested, please chime in, or drop me a PM.

First event would probably be sometime end of Jan, beginning of Feb or so.

Regards

A few of us have booked a table for

Monday, February 1, 6:00 pm
Cafeteria 15L

1116 15th St
Sacramento, CA 95814
(916) 492-1960

Corkage is waived

There will probably be some spectrum of Bordeaux, Rhones, or CA Cabs there but don’t feel constrained by those regions. This is really more about trying to form the core of a group, and getting to know people.

Please chime in to this thread or PM me if you are joining us; spouses/SO’s are welcome too.

I would suggest that attendees bring stemware, if at all possible. It’s a solid place, but I have been underwhelmed with their wine glasses.

We’ll have a better idea on wines/attendees in a week.

Looking forward to meeting more oenofools.

Interested. Pm sent. any suggestions? theme or particular wines people are interested in drinking?
Gene

Just got a message from Arv. Would love to be included in the next event.

We’ll be pulling something together in April, likely in the first half.

Please chime in, or PM, if you are interested.

First dinner was a good time so we are meeting again at a downtown venue in 10 days.

Details are still being finalized; we have a couple of location options though

Monday, April 11, 6:00 pm
Somewhere downtown

It looks like there will be some Dominus, Togni, Bond etc. there.

If you are interested, drop me a PM and I’ll include you in the email chain.

Regards,

Arv

My wife and I will probably bring something more modern to the party. Maybe a champers or other white to start things off and a new world red. Unfortunately, I found out from my buddy that the Firehouse is closed for a private event that evening. He’d be open to having us in the future, but cannot on the 11th. Cafeteria 15L it is unless someone has something else in mind.