NYC PinotDays 1/23

I’ve got a discount code to pass along. Use KENNY16 to get 25% off all tickets here Pinot Days: the easy way to wine.
I just checked out the lineup and see that, beside the usual suspects, Copain is onboard this year. Seasmoke too! Maybe PD is becoming hip again.

I will be pouring alongside the venerable Ed Kurtzman. of August West fame.

Here is who will be there:
Amalie Robert Estate
Artesa Winery
August West Wine
Belle Glos Wines
Bernardus Vineyards and Winery
Brooks Note Winery
Cellars 33
Chenoweth Wines
Copain Wines
Davis Bynum Wines
Davis Family Vineyards
Domaine Carneros
Donum
Fess Parker Winery & Vineyard
Foursight Wines
Friedeman Wines
Gary Farrell Winery
Inman Family Wines
J Vineyards & Winery
J. Lohr Vineyards & Wines
Keller Estate
Kendric Vineyards
KRAVE Jerky
Landmark Vineyards
Loring Wine Company
MacMurray Estate Vineyards
MacPhail Family Wines
Mansfield-Dunne Wines
Meiomi
New Zealand Winegrowers
Pali Wine Company
Panthea Winery & Vineyard
Saintsbury
Sea Smoke
Siduri Wines
Sojourn Cellars
Trombetta Family Wines
Von Holt Wines
Waits-Mast Family Cellars
Westwood Estate Wine

Nice that there are no Football conflicts for NYC as they are doing it on Saturday of Championship weekend. This has been an issue in the past.

I skipped last year. There weren’t any “new” wineries pouring. And the previous year was so crowded I couldn’t really get around to all the tables. Seems as if some of the better stalwarts have returned to this event.

As the famous fictional Chinese detective Charlie Chan would say, ‘Please to name same’.

Venerable?? Must be because I’m old!

I’m pleasantly surprised a couple of ipob wineries are pouring. I have an A team of folks helping me this year, I hope to get around to a lot of tables to taste.

I expect I’ll be helping Craig at Sojourn. If so, it will be nice to see you again Ed.

Same to you, Dan. Let me know if Craig has a spot for you this year.

adjective
accorded a great deal of respect, especially because of age, wisdom, or character.
“a venerable statesman”

I had such a great response to our wines in SoCal that I decided to do the NYC event and have convinced others from Anderson Valley to attend as well. Steve the producer has been nice enough to give us AV folks our own section during the grand tasting. This list is not perfect but these are the 8 I think have signed up and who will be pouring thier AV wines:
Foursight Wines (I will be pouring)
Copain
Waits-Mast (Winemaker/owner pouring)
Panthea (Winemaker/owner pouring)
Lula (Tasting Room manager pouring)
Domain Anderson
Balo (Assistant Winemaker pouring)
Maggy Hawk/Wind Racer.

I am definitely looking forward to it. There may be an all AV side/auxiliary event as well, but were still woking out the details.

So great that you (and the others) are participating! Always a great event in NY and definitely get a strong turnout. See you in a couple weeks!

Speaking of stalwarts, I meant to post after last year’s tasting that I really enjoyed getting reacquainted with the Gary Farrell lineup at the NYC tasting. It’s one of those names that has been around so long and become so common that I had stopped paying attention. When I abandon my post behind my own table, I usually have to pass on the more popular wineries just as a matter of expediency. I hit GF mainly because it was way less crowded than expected but came away really impressed with both the pinot lineup and with a chard they snuck in. I was reminded of this today when skimming Burghound’s latest newsletter and seeing they got a 92 for their '13 Gap’s Crown. If you’re going, GF should probably be back on your radar screen.

This is a big list. Any suggestions for wines that are a must taste? I bolded the wines that I’ve enjoyed in the past.

I will be helping Craig and Christie at the Sojourn table. I’ll be the quite one. [wink.gif]

In addition to those you bolded, I would definitely try:

Donum
Loring Wine Company
MacPhail Family Wines
Saintsbury

I have really liked the MacPhail wines we’ve tried, Loring always has some great blends and SVD wines, and Saintsbury is fairly solid. The Donum’s I’ve had have been great.

Have fun pouring the Sojourn, especially the under the table offerings!

There are plenty here that I don’t know, but among those that I’ve had a chance to try several times, I’m a fan of Copain, Keller and Thomas Fogarty (late add) on the leaner end of the spectrum. A touch richer, and more in keeping with those you’ve highlighted, I’d add MacPhail, Waits-Mast and Brooks Note (fellow Marin guy) to your itinerary.

There is talk of another Snowpocalypse this weekend, but probably only 3-8 inches in NYC. Bring your coats and boots, west coast pinot peeps!

Nicky on Channel 5 just said 8 - 12". Yikes. pepsi

Mother nature certainly might love Pinot Noir but obviously hates NYC Pinot Days. Two years in a row she has socked it to it.

It is a certified beserkerable wine tasting!

Some of the champagnes to be served are listed below, and we even have some of the Pinot Day winemakers arriving…
You should join it too!

PM/email me for details…

White
2002 Pierre Paillard Champagne Brut Millésimé Grand Cru (Champagne, Bouzy)
2010 Piollot Champagne Champs Rayés Extra Brut (Champagne)
2010 Piollot Champagne Cuvée Val Colas Robin Extra Brut (Champagne)
NV Billecart-Salmon Champagne Brut Sous Bois (Champagne)
NV Cuve Des Hospitaliers Crémant d’Alsace (Alsace, Crémant d’Alsace)
NV Vilmart Grand Cellier Permier Cru
NV Andre Jacquart Blanc de Blanc Brut Experience(Le Mesnil-Sur-Oger, Champagne)
NV Andre Jacquart Mesnil Experience Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru (Le Mesnil-Sur-Oger, Champagne)

Rosé
2004 Moët & Chandon Champagne Grand Vintage Brut Rosé (Champagne)
2010 Louis Roederer Champagne Brut Rosé (Champagne)

It does not look like I am going to make it to pour my wines :frowning: We have friends in Baltimore so we flew in earlier in the week and fly out midweek. I was planning on heading up to NYC to pour but…

As a west coaster who grew up in the mountains near Yosemite (250-450" of snow a year) and has a place in Truckee (North lake Tahoe 350-1000"+ of snow a year) I can’t really comprehend how a snow storm not of multiple feet a day for multiple days shuts down stuff so fast. Though it is what it is you live and learn.

I hope next year works out better for us.