4th Annual Di Fara's Pizza - Brooklyn - February 9, 2016

4th annual Di Fara’s pizza + wines that don’t suck offline.

$43 a person, and all you can eat. Price includes tip and all the soda/drinks you can consume. Dom will make all types of pizza for 20 - 21 of your closest friends.

This is a pre-pay event. Please PM me for my Paypal address.

Di Fara’s http://www.difara.com/

Fat Tuesday February 9th.

Time 7:00 - 10:00 (pizza served through 9:00).

Free street parking after 7:00. If you take the train, it’s the Avenue J stop on the Q.

Bring glasses. The theme is the same as last year - Wines that don’t suck.

They start with a round, then a square, and move on from there. Dom will make whatever we want, even if it’s not on the menu. Someone asked for a sauce and veggie pizza without cheese, and Dom made it. The balance of that pie didn’t go to waste.

After everyone had a couple of slices, we settled into the fancier pies. I always wanted to taste the artichoke pizza, the meatball pizza, the pepperoni, and yes, the onion and cherry tomato pizza. Humm. Margaret likes to serve what she thinks is the best pizza, based on previous sales.

Some of the wines from 2014:

Myriad Cellars Three Twins Cabernet Sauvignon
'10 Tablas Creek Grenache
'09 Bedrock Griffin’s Lair Syrah
'12 Liquid Farm Golden Slope Chard and a '98 Soldera Brunello
'05 Maybach Materium
'04 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bric dël Fiasc
'07 Rhys Horeshoe Syrah and '08 Martinelli Vellutini
'99 Castello di Monsanto ‘Il Poggio’ Chianti Classico Riserva + '02 Remi Jobard Meursault 1er 'Les Genevrieres
'98 Giovanni Corino Barolo Vigna Giachini. + '98 Paolo Scavino Barolo Carobric
'82 Robert Mondavi Reserve Cabernet
'07 Marchesi di Barolo Barolo + 2010 Seghesio Omaggio
'96 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon + '09 Cavallotto Langhe Freisa Bricco Boschis

Bring stems.

A few of the 2015 wines:
07 Sojourn Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain
08 Tenuta Monteti Caburnio Mag
04 Pegau
06 Casanova Di Neri Tenuta Nuova
06 Felsina Rancia
06 Carlisle Papas Block Syrah
2008 Biserno
2011 Keenan Cab Franc
2009 Jonata Todos

Bring whatever you want to share with a group. Everything goes with pizza.

Seats are held based on payment. I have to guarantee 20 attendees. The cost is non-refundable, unless I can find someone to take your seat. Last year, there was snow; so Dom didn’t charge for the no-shows.

So? Are you going to join us?

dh

Coming:

Dan and Janice 2007 Robert Craig Cabernet Sauvignon Affinity + 2013 Liquid Farm Chardonnay Golden Slope
Erez 2013 Becklyn Cab
Rachel and Greg 2010 Halter Ranch Ancestor, and 2012 Campesino Pinot Noir "Mis Ninas"
Brent + 2 1.5L Molettieri Taurasi 2006 + 1.5L Pierre Gimmonnet Flueron BdB 2006
Chris + 1 2010 Tercero Cuvee Loco, 2014 Sottimano Mate’, 2012 Sottimano Bric del Salto Dolcetto
Corey + 1
Matt + 1 2008 Tenuta Monteti Caburnio - Magnum
Ted + 2 2004 Saxum James Berry Bone Rock, 2006 Kosta Brown Sonoma Coast, 2011 Passopisciaro Guardiola
David + 1 2002 Whitehall Lane reserve, a 2007 Barbi Brunello and a 2007 R. Foley Petite Sirah
Michael M. 2011 Ultramarine Blanc de Blancs (Heintz Vineyardd + 2002 Vincent Girardin Corton-Perrieres Vieilles Vignes

People may drop out, so I’ll start a waitlist. It would be nice to have a Champagne or 2. flirtysmile

Waitlist

Ben + Dara - friends of Z. Hu.
GOUT@M J + 1
JayK +1
M. Shear +1
Leo
Mark Y
Adam W

Bold - paid.

I padded the waitlist with a +2 for me. This is now +1 (Erez).

Greg and I are in. Looking forward to it!

In
Plus
Christian Galliani
Danielle Oteri

Thanks Dan, looking forward to it.

Chris +1. Sounds great.

In +1.

Updated.

By the way, if any winemaker would like to show off their wine at this offline, please contact me. We’ll be happy to taste/drink your wine, and post notes here and on CT. [cheers.gif]

Dan

I won’t be in NYC this year but what an awesome time last year. I had a lot of fun taking a train with friends to Brooklyn and didn’t have the appropriate clothing for the cold weather. I had to find a person that sold ear muffs walking to the subway and I swear I felt like I had frostbite on my legs too.

But the people, pizza, and wine definitely was worth the journey!

Please put me on this list. Grazie!

Matt +1 please.

Is there room for me?

Dan - if room it will also be Michelle and Theresa.
Thanks

Caroline and I are in, if there is room.

IF there is room, I’d love to be included. I will bring champagne. Thank you in advance!

So noted. Once I start asking people to pay for the event, that’s when the waitlist _magicall_y opens up. [wink.gif]

Can we pay with points?

I just spoke to Margaret. The price is $43. That includes all the pizza you can eat, tax, soda, water, and tip money.

Don’t bother complaining about the price increase.
I’ll PM everyone on the list with my Paypal info. This is first come/first served. If I don’t hear back from you by the weekend, I’ll message the people that are waitlisted.

Please post your wine to the thread. Everyone likes a headsup.

Refunds

Since I have to guarantee 20, I’ll refund you if/when I replace you on the list.
Last year it snowed the day before. Di Fara’s didn’t charge us, and I was able to refund those that didn’t attend.

Bring stems.

When using Paypal,
send as a gift to avoid fees.

newhere

Can I sign up for the guest list? Would be me + 1 Thanks!

Sure. I just waitlisted you. I’ll send you a message on Sunday when you clear.

First timers have to bring something exceptionally good. [cheers.gif]

Welcome to Wine Berserkers GOUT@M J.