Trip to Israel - Sept 2016

Todd suggested I should post this here.

I am helping organize a wine/food trip to Israel. My goal is to visit 2 or 3 wineries per day. It will be a classy experience as the ministry of tourism is involved. Highlights include : A dinner at the home of the US Ambassador. Potential meet and greet with the PM. Helicopter over the Old City of Jerusa­lem and a Private Yacht lunch on the Mediterranean. My goal is to keep the cost (including airfare, meals, lodging, etc ) under $7,000.

Wineries so far:

1. The Amphorea Winery

2. The Binyamina

3. The Hadera

4. Carmel Winery Bistro

5. The Rothschild’s Cave Cellars

6. The Saslov

7. The Golan

8. Gamla

9. Varden Winery

10. Clos De Gat Winery

11. Demaine Du Castel Winery

12. The Tzora Winery

13. The Katlav Winery

14. The Yatir Winery

List of Restaurants

15. Mul Yam

16. Mitzpeh Hayamim

17. Chateau Golan

18. Dama Restaurant

19. Daniel Hotel

20. King David Hotel

21. Waldorf Astoria

Let me know if interested.

We were in Israel this past August. If you’re heading to Tel Aviv, I have a couple of really fun restaurant suggestions.

Let’s hear them. Thanks in advance!

We had outstanding meals at North Abraxas and Kitchen Market. We had a very good meal at Claro. We also had a fun, but less serious meal at Manta Ray.

I thought North Abraxas was the most exciting meal I had in Israel. That said, it’s very casual and almost bizarre from a service standpoint. Let’s call it “cutting edge” service and if you’re a stickler for proper service it can be very off putting.

Musar in Israel?

Fantastic trip, wow - Jay, this is going to be spectacular, I’m sure. Is your crew doing a video feature on the trip, I hope, for those of us who can’t make it?

We thought this was the best restaurant we went to in Israel last year. It’s in the up and coming section of Tel Aviv:

I was there in May, and we hit a couple great restaurants in Tel Aviv. First is the best hummus I’ve ever had at Gargar Zahav on Levinksy St. I can’t remember the name of this place we had an excellent dinner, but it was a bit north of the old train station. I’ll try to find it again later.

Sounds like a spectacular trip! I love Israel…

Wow…sounds incredible. I agree with Todd…please video it!!

Any more news? Costs? have any Berserkers signed up?

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

I am going to TA in a couple of weeks, so you’ve just given me a few more places to go! (I was there a little over a year ago.)

Oasis ( http://oasistlv.co.il/?page_id=533 ) is a really good restaurant. Cheffy. Good emphasis on local produce/meat. She would probably love to do a dinner for you.

For something a little different, there are two cocktail bars of note. Imperial flirts with Top50 listings. It is really good. Spicehaus has a pharmacy-themed cocktail bar that is a blast.

fyi, mul yam has closed.

I would add Goocha to a good restaurants list, at an ‘accessible’ price range compared with the others.

Please note, you do have to be ‘tolerant’ towards a bit of Israeli attitude (e.g. the waiter sees friends walking in would join their table and you’d be abandoned for few minutes, people smoke near the no smoking sign and would offer you a cigarette or a drink in exchange to ‘just leave me alone and let me smoke’ etc.) But the food is a notch above.

Might want to taste at Margalit winery.
Best Humous is in Jafa - “Abu Hasan”

Enjoy

North Abraxas

that’s definitely one of the best restaurants in Tel Aviv. Would also recommend you check out Sarona Market in Tel Aviv - it’s like a public market full for amazing shops and eateries. It’s becoming the Foodie it place in Tel Aviv…

Jay: I might have missed this. Is there a time frame yet? When might this occur?

Cheers!
Marshall

Shalom!! El Bumpo!

Any more info?

Cheers! [berserker.gif]
Marshall

Sorry, I think I accidentally unsubscribed to this tread. Strange. We are shoot for early October. 12-15 people max. My goal is $6500 (all in). I hope to have itinerary in 2 weeks.

Thanks…looking forward to the itinerary. We would seriously consider attending. grouphug

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

So Jay; We want to go! Where do I send my deposit?
Itinerary yet?
Cheers!
Marshall