10 Year Retrospective Dinner at Ruth's Chris 11/7/15

Another outstanding lineup and great company for our latest offline that took place last night at Ruth’s Chris.

All 2005 vintage for our “10 year retrospective theme”.

Louis Latour Gevrey Chambertin
Viader Proprietary Red
Quilceda Creek Cab
Copain Syrah- James Berry Vineyard
Pride Cab
29 The Essentials Gravelly Hillside Vineyard Cab
Ornellaia
Chateau Belgrave
Heitz Martha’s Vineyard Cab
Justin Reserve Cab
Alban Syrah- Central Coast
Alban Syrah- Reva
Clendenen Petit Verdot
Linne Calodo Leona’s
Viña Ardanza Reserva Rioja
Château Doisy-Védrines
Mr. K - Noble Man

Thanks to all that came out. Next time we will have to pull up a chair for the Shapiros!! neener

There were 2 Alban Syrah. One a Central Coast and the other a Reva.
There was also a Linne Calodo Leona’s.

My top wines…
Ornellaia- smooth, great body and finish
Heitz Martha’s Vineyard Cab- loads of eucalyptus on the nose, good structure and finish
Alban Reva- smooth, in a great place with fruit mellowed and no heat on palate.
Mr. K - Noble Man- loads of tropical fruits, real nice

Service at Ruth’s Chris Woodland Hills was excellent and very patient with us. With 13 people, 3 stems each and at least 17 wines, we tied up some resources. Giving up an additional table to give us some elbow room was much appreciated.

Thanks Mike. I went off of the picture that I had. I think a few bottles were missing (or given to the Shapiros by Danny!)

As far as my WOTN choices:

The Ornellaia and Quilceda Creek were at the top of my list, but so many great bottles consumed.

Thanks to all had a great time and a fun bunch of wines. Service was exceptional. Hard to pick a WOTN but the biggest surprise for me was my first Quilceda Creek Cab I really loved it with the steak! [smileyvault-ban.gif] Yea I know I will turn in my AFWE card post haste.

Sounds like a great offline. Thanks for the posts.

They all ROCKED. There wasn’t a “dump” in the bunch. 2005 was a great year the world over, based on our limited sample. The Clendenen Petit Verdot was a very nice surprise. I don’t think I’ve had a PV bottling before. Really liked it. The service was excellent and the food was much better than our last visit. A GREAT night on any level.