Falltacular 2016, Our 10th Anniversary, 2/20/2016--FINAL DETAILS in Post #205

It’s that time again to get going with the event. With so many of you planning travel to the event, some coming from even out of country to attend, I want to continue to give plenty of notice.

This will be our 10th anniversary, a special year for Falltacular, as we not only can celebrate the enduring nature of what we created 10 years ago, but we can stop and pause, to celebrate over $200,000 raised in support of Laura’s House, our local and important charity that helps women and children flee from, survive and turn their lives around from domestic violence. My wife and I believe deeply in this cause, this organization and their work and so all of our Falltacular proceeds goes straight to Laura’s House. To read about Laura’s House, click here >>> https://www.laurashouse.org/

And to drive the point home, I’d like you to watch a short 5 min video. This will show you where your money has been directed, what your support has built. Along with our winery partners, you helped build this emergency shelter! Click here >>> Robin Goes Inside Laura's House - YouTube

The cost this year will be $85 per person, which will include an etched wine glass that you can get at the door when you arrive. I wish to thank Mark Jones and his company, Neudesic, for the idea, design and covering the cost for the glassware. Mark has been a dedicated cheerleader for Falltacular for several years now and his gesture here is a deepening of his core support–THANK YOU!

As with past years, to see everything we are doing this year, such as verify your payment was received, view winery information and their wine commitments, see the silent auction items and volunteer schedule and read our Falltacular FAQ, you can click here >>> Dropbox - File Deleted

Finally, if you want to see some Wine Berserker commentary on last year’s Falltacular, you can click here >>> TNs--FALLTACULAR 2015 - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Look forward to building the event forward over the next few months as we get ready for February and having a great couple of days together, all for Laura’s House.

Looking forward to this again! Great event for a great cause!

START the countdown

This sounds like a great event. My wife and I would love to attend if you’ll have us.

Sean, please do attend. Each year, we welcome more new people and the goal is to build more relationships for Laura’s House and the work they do. We look forward to meeting you and your wife, Sean.

Nice to have the date so early, Frankie, thanks.

Contrary to the glum outlook I gave many last year when I thought another trip would be on the books, that trip has now been pushed back and so I am virtually certain to attend for the 10th anniversary. Now to find the sweater of all sweaters!

I may just come for the Saturday/Sunday though this time…remains to be seen.

Looking forward to it, as always!

Mike

Mike, you have always been our long distance, in-person supporter, along with Ted Erfer. It’s a long ass haul for you to get here but we always enjoy your passion and spirit, man. Great news then to hear you will most likely be here again. Thank you for the years of support–it has made a difference for us.

Damn, same date as Rieslingfeier in NYC…

Dave—you know which one to prioritize here [grin.gif]

Frank, thank you so much for the kind words, but it is you and Jill and the whole idea and the many, many fantastic people who come together to make this so special that keeps me coming back like a moth to flame.

Now, to start work on an auction donation…

Haere Ra,

Mike

Frank- checking with Diane to see if these dates work! We had a ball at last years- and hope we will be there again this year!!

You too have a long-ass haul, Mr Jay. And even being a Hawks fan and all, we do appreciate you for considering the trip and would love to have you and Diane again.

Frank- funny was just watching my DVR’d replay of game 6 and 7 of the Western Conference final the other day…ahhhh memories !!

I had a blast last time, so I am going to do my best to do it again. As a result of numerous complaints caused by my failure to bring pulled pork or smoked brisket with caramelized onions and mole sauce last time (Ya know, if someone had told me it was BYO food, I would have done it), I will see what I can do on that front, but I will need to figure out how to re-heat. A bargain, even at $100, and even if we provide our own food.

Perhaps WB social event of the season! ARRRGGGHHH…again my son’s birthday weekend. Oh, well, his party will be on Sunday! Nothing like hosting a bunch of 4/5 year-olds with a bit of a hangover, but this event is important enough that we make tough choices and make it happen.

Excited about the ten year anniversary Frank! You’ve done awesome with the event and looking forward to another great Fallatacular!

JoAnn and I will be there again!!!
So happy this lines up with JoAnn’s west coast knitting conference. She will be able to show off some new projects. And she will, of course, make some more knitted wine carriers for the auction.
Counting the days.

Guys, like last year, I will start asking that you mail Laura’s House your check starting in early December, which is how you secure a spot in the event. Last year was our biggest (and most financially successful) event to date, for which we felt truly grateful. With that success in mind, I want people to take to heart getting their checks in timely.

Cost, special info about the event’s anniversary and all the basic details will be coming out in a few weeks. In the meantime, thank you for the kind posts and the early support–we don’t do the event without all of you and this passion you have for it.

Guess I better get working on the accommodations. Was everyone good with the Dana Point location?
Will start with that one and post back the details.

Dana Point was great, thanks Mike/Frank et al. Looking forward to it!

Agreed - Dana Point was a huge improvement over the BW SJC. But, for those who stayed at the original BW location last year, was it upgraded as I thought some had said? The van would be more convenient than Uber.