San Francisco -- September 16

So far, we have a date; Wednesday, September 16, a time; 7:15, and a theme; “Value” Burgundy, red or white, under $60. Who’d like to join us?

1). Rob

2). Ashish

3). Jon

4). Joachim

5). Daniel Kim

6). Rich Frankel

***Stewart Johnson

Options for locations:

1. Palace: They have been very accommodating and the food is excellent. Main downside is that we go there so much already.
  2. Bella Trattoria: Italian food, excellent

I don’t know of any French places that might accommodate a group with reasonable corkage.

Any other suggestions? Once we get more than a handful of people, I’ll start calling places.

I’m a fan of Zazie. I’ve been to a couple of off-lines there. I think their food would match well with Burgundy.

Damn, it’s back to school night. No way Wendy is giving me a pass. Ugh, instead of what will surely be a fun wine night I get to go listen to the same fricken spiel from teachers I’ve heard every year for the past eight. Joy…

I’d be interested in attending, checking with the wife!

Good call on Zazie. Though we’ll miss their no-corkage Tuesdays, it still shouldn’t be bad at $15/bottle.

Do we have a time? I have the night off but probably can’t get anywhere until about 7pm due to have to help put the baby down.

7 works for me.

7 works for me too, and Zazie sounds good.

I’m interested, Zazie is great, and probably can make 7. Only slight risk is that I’m flying into SF in the late afternoon, but manageable risk.

+1 on the theme.

I’ve put the 7pm start in the original post above.

Hey all,
I have a table for 6 at Zazie at 7:15 PM. They cannot accommodate a larger group until 7:45 or 8. Do we want to cut off the list at our current 6 people, or do you want me to change to the later reservation so we can see if 1-2 more people want to join?

Either way is fine with me; I could make it at either time.

Both times are fine for me.

Please add me if there is space. Alternate is fine.

Both times are good with me, too.

I’ve changed the Original Post to 7:15 for now. I’d love to include Stewart.

Either time is fine for me. The more the merrier.

Looks like that reservation for 7 or 8 is gone. Our only other option is 5:15 or 9 for a group of 7 or 8, so I think we should stick with 6 people at 7:15. Sorry!

Anybody want to volunteer what you’re bringing?

I’m thinking I’ll bring a 1999 Pavelot Dominode.