NYC Rookies 9/29

OK here is the official planning thread for the Sept 29 NYC “rookies” dinner. I’ll update the below with attendee’s and also fill in the wines people are bringing to avoid duplicates.

Date: 9/29
Place: PDH (Mott)
Time: 7:30
Theme: White Burg vs. CA Chard (again <$75ish).

Attendees:
Jesse I (Liquid Farm Bien Bien)
D Lee (Cakebread/Grgich)
Ethan A (Rhys)
Tony C (2013 Marc Colin St. Aubin 1er Cru En Remilly)
Sean D (White Burg PYCM)
Kristen K (2013 Olivier Leflaive Meursault)
Rich S (Ceritas)
Corey M (TBD)
Dennis R (TBD)
Mike M (TBD)

Maybe
David Z

In.

In - 2010 Rhys Horseshoe

Can we cap the participants at a lower number this time? We can create a second group if there is as much interest as the last tasting.

In - white Burg

Would love to be there, but I’m out of town that week.
Looking forward to reading everyone’s notes and I’ll see you guys at the next one.

In. White Burg - Most likely PYCM

Has a location been determined?

I’m in. Wine I will bring, TBD.

I’m bringing a 2011 Cakebread and 2012 Grgich. Might also throw in a cheaper bottle to see how it drinks against everything else.

I can’t make it but want to follow thread. Next time!

Old guy looking to join as a maybe. I can bring an 06 Aubert Chard of some sort.

I am pretty sure I am in. Will bring Cali chard, likely from Ceritas.

In.

Looks like we have 8, 9 if Brent is coming. Lets try and cap at 10 to keep things manageable and more conversational than last time.

If anyone has an alternative dinner recommendation, we’re not wedded to chinese food.

Unfortunately can’t make 9/29 but will try and make the next rookies event. Have a great time guys!

Jesse,

Please make me #1 on the wait list if things are getting tight, I can’t commit to anything until the week before.
We’ve had multiple Berserkerfests at the 53rd St location of PDH, there is definitely more space at that location. Sichuan Garden (multiple locations) and Afghan Kebab House (multiple locations) are pretty standard haunts for the old folks too. Riffing on that, most Turkish kebab places are amenable to BYO, Taksim Square (2nd Ave bet 54-55) is one that pops up as it’s local to me.

Also, you can peruse the BYO thread, if you’re looking to do something more upscale for food there are really a bunch of great options from steakhouses to bistro/new american if you prefer to avoid ethnic options.

I would like to attend if this is at the Midtown PDH.

Amali always a good option. Milling Room has no corkage Tuesdays but word seems to be they aren’t too amenable to large groups, bringing your own glasses, etc. L’Apicio I think is just Sunday and Monday but maybe Tuesday too? Unclear. Riverpark is no corkage Tuesday though it’s an awfully hard to get to location.

I’m 80/20 likely to come, and can easily bring either CA chard or Burg.