ArPePe Wine Dinner Sept 21...RedwoodCity

I first fell in love w/ the Nebbiolos from the Valtelline back in the mid-'70’s when I first had the wines of Arturo Pelizzatti. That experience ignited a life-long appreciation for those wines. After a few yrs, those wines pretty much disappeared from the US, but I continued to follow other Valtelline producers.
The Pelizzatti estate is now run by his children under the name of ArPePe ( ArPePe ) . I reconnected with those wines several yrs ago and regard them as some of the best being produced in the Valtelline.
Isabella Pelizzatti Perego will be in the Bay area in a few weeks and doing a dinner at Donato Enoteca in RedwoodCity on Sept 21, Monday. This is a great opportunity to meet Isabella and try her wines. Details from Isabella are below.
Tom

We will be doing a Wine Dinner event at Donato Enoteca on September 21st ( ArPePe Dinner )
If you are not familiar with this Restaurant, you could sign up on their mailing list at : ( DonatoMailingList )
They will send out an announcement with more details prior to the event.
Looking forward to seeing you soon & Kindest Regards,
Isabella Pelizzatti Perego

Love love love the wines. Wish I was in Redwood city.

Nice! I haven’t had enough wines from the region to say if they’re some of the best, but I do think they’re really nice, some of them even impressive.

I think they’re clearly the leader in Valtelina. That said the U.S. pricing makes them only an OK value. European pricing makes them one of he best values in fine wine.

Agree with Clayton - very nice wines, but the US pricing is substantially higher than cellar door, which places the wines here in a questionable QPR category.

How refreshing that a tasting programme has three events listed and two of them are based on Valtellina wines!