Tasting Groups in Chicago?

Inspired by other recent threads, I thought I would start one of my own!

I’d love to join or start a tasting group in/around chicago. I live here in the city (roscoe village) and would love to get something a little more regular on the schedule than what I’m up to now.

Anyone up for it? Let me know!

I’m interested, Michael!

I live in IN, but I get up that way fairly frequently. I’d be interested (at least in theory) but it would probably have to be Fri, Sat, or maybe Sun.

Depending on particulars, I would be interested.

Keep me in mind

+1

Sounds great! I’m definitely in!

Wow! Some nice action here.

I think the only person I’ve met here thus far is Scott McDonald. We’ve been to a few dinners from the Wine Spectator Boards.

Anyone that might be interested, would you like to shoot me a PM with email information? I didn’t necessarily plan to organize all this, but hey, why don’t I take some initiative?

Thinking we could organize this as a monthly or bi-monthly and rotate picking a theme. I’m open to blind/non-blind, regional, varietal, whatever. BYOB/Dinner is always a good thing too :slight_smile: I think some variety is what will keep this interesting.

What other thoughts do you all have?

PM sent.

I would certainly be interested too.

I swear, i haven’t forgot about this! thank you to everyone that sent me their email info. I will be sure to shoot out a group email by this weekend and suggest a first event. Thinking we take a cue from the NY thread and maybe start this out in a “non-baller” format :slight_smile: open to any ideas however!

cheers! champagne.gif

Did this ever materialize? I’m down for some non-balla Chicago action.

Michael - you can keep me in the loop as well on this…if it ever materializes. Depending on the timing, I’d love to do something like this.

I have to apologize here. Life got insane. Engaged, going through wedding planning/showers, etc, wedding first week in feb in cabo. I’ve barely had time to do anything else. Holiday season coming up now too!!

I promise I have not forgot about this thread and do still want to pull this together.

That being said, please others, if you want to get this going sooner than I will, do so!

newhere champagne.gif

I have to apologize here. Life got insane. Engaged, going through wedding planning/showers, etc, wedding first week in feb in cabo. I’ve barely had time to do anything else. Holiday season coming up now too!!

I promise I have not forgot about this thread and do still want to pull this together.

That being said, please others, if you want to get this going sooner than I will, do so!

newhere champagne.gif

Just found this. Count me in please. It sounds like folks have been a bit busy to plan something… no big deal, just throwing my name in there once something gets on the books. I’ll try to think of something as well. I’m in the city.

Me too.

Just throwing an idea out there - anyone up for a sub $50 per bottle white Burg night at Wasabi in Logan Square on Milwaukee? The place is always packed, but it’s a laid-back atmosphere with BYOB/free corkage. They also provide small ice buckets for single bottles.

Mark, I am interested. I finally got through my wedding (hooray!) and only have our reception in Chicago in April. Starting a new job on March 6 but any time before might work well. I’d love to meet some of the Chicago crowd.

Apologies to everyone for my life getting in the way!

Let’s get this going again!

No worries, man! How does Friday or Saturday, March 4th or 5th sound? They’re open for dinner from 5-11:30 on both nights. Street parking is free after 10. Being on Milwaukee, it’s also close to the blue line. They have a single 750 per couple rule, which probably won’t be an issue. If anyone else is interested, please let me know if either of these days would work.