ADJOURNED - White Plains Heritage wine Challenge Training Session and Offline

My son decided to get married the day before and I have too many things to deal with. Alan’s move has also been delayed so it’s a problem for him as well. We will adjourn and reschedule. Check back for more information.

At least two Berserkers from New York (Jay Hack and Alan Chan, plus Izzy now from Texas) made it through the regional competition of the Heritage Auction Wine Challenge and they have qualified to compete in the “World Championship” this coming November. I think the third regional champion is also a Berserker, but I am still checking that. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to help them train for the finals.

Saturday, August 22, 2015, 52 Sammis Lane, White Plains, 1 pm to close. Sunday August 23 is the rain date. You provide one wine, blind, of a level that you think Heritage Auctions would include in the finals (no plonk allowed), in exchange for which you get to eat some of the outrageous food to be prepared for the day (is brisket and smoked pulled pork in your future?), sit around the pool, and share any “leftover” wine that Jay and Alan do not drink themselves. Izzy is also invited if he wants to escape the burning Texas heat and come north for the weekend.

Post below if you want to come. DO NOT post your wine - this is a blind tasting. We are still working out logistics, BUT we’re thinking something like the two of us will taste in groups of four, followed by a reveal, and the rest of you can play blind, or wait until after the reveal and then drink knowing what’s in you glass.

PS - Children permitted but I can’t play life guard. I’ll be drinking.

PPS - Alan, Izzy and I are all Wolverines. GO BLUE!

It’s my grandsons first birthday party. [swoon.gif]

I’ll tell my son and daughter-in-law not to expect me. [winner.gif]

In all seriousness, I’ll try to drop by later in the evening.

Thanks for doing this, Jay. I’m in plus the family. Will bring a few bottles at least.

You’re really taking this seriously so I guess I have to step up my game huh? Izzy congrats to you too. Wolverines!

Looking forward to an afternoon of being humbled on one guess after another, ha.

When in doubt its Chateaun-oops!!

We will be there.

Jay,

Serious training! I’ll be there.

Thanks,

Josh

I’ll be in Iowa.

You spend August in Ohio every year. We are used to it.

Interested. Put me down as a “maybe” until I know my schedule with the kids for August.

Oh darn will be in Maine/New Hampshire then

Let’s not kid around here. Some of us (me), really don’t have anything old and Heritage Auction worthy. Is it ok to play Lucy Goosie with the rules? I promise not to bring anything embarrassing. [truce.gif]

Just back from my grand tour. Sure, I’m willing to take one for the team and help you train. Is there a list of wines previously presented to this event, or should I ask Dan to go through my list and suggest what to pick? [cheers.gif]

Rules? In a knife fight? Bring whatever you want.

I’d be there. I promise to bring something that fits a palate of a yak [tease.gif]

Hate to do this, but my ability to attend is looking iffy - will be in the middle of a move and other obligations I can’t get out of. Will see if I can steer some of the other things not to conflict but not within my control.

My son decided to get married the day before, so this is looking tough for me as well. Check back by Sunday but I may have to adjourn.

Congrats Jay!

Mazel tov. I guess Caroline and I will drink that DRC we were going to bring. [wink.gif]

Mazal Tov!