San Francisco - July 1st Offline

In the last offline, we all talked about the next being a vintage theme, so here we go. Please see if the date and venue are OK with you guys or if we should adjust. The Palace is closed Mondays and Tuesday btw. Suggestions on alternate date and venue are welcome.

DATE: July 1st - 7PM

VENUE: The Palace

THEME: 2001 - a Wine Odyssey

ATTENDEES:

1. Joel - 2001 Joh. Jos. Prüm Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Auslese
  2. Rajat - 2001 Louis Jadot Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Les Boudots
  3. Glen - 2001 Jaboulet Aîné Hermitage La Chapelle
  4. Craig - 2001 Dehlinger Pinot Noir
  5. Cindy Wan - 2001 Cos d’Estournel
  6. Leonard Maran - 2001 Pertamali Livio Sassetti Brunello Di Montalcino Riserva
  7. Ashish - 2001 Sauternes
  8. Rajiv - 2001 Trimbach Riesling Cuvée Frédéric Emile

Count me in. Time and place are both fine. Is the idea to bring a 2001? If so, I have some interesting candidates to pick through.

I think I can make it.

Sign me up! I could also scout out some places when we have a full roster.

Should be good for me as well

Love The Palace; I’m in as long as I’m not traveling.

I should be able to attend this one. And I have a 2001 red burg to bring with me…

As much as I love the idea of a 2001 theme, I’m going to have to miss this one. Out of town for a few weeks, so can’t in good conscience propose an alternate date. See you all later in the summer!

Count me in!

I’m planning to bring one of the 01 Dehlinger Pinots.

So many fine 01 Sauternes to choose from, Ashish :wink:

Will follow with interest, will be there in spirit. Have fun, you guys!

Mike

Is there room for one more? I’d love to meet some of the SF Crew!

-Rajiv

You are certainly welcome to join!

I’ll be bringing a bottle of 2001 Louis Jadot Chambolle-Musigny 1er Cru Les Feusselottes.

Made the reservation for 10 people at The Palace for 7pm on July 1st.

Paul - please contact them with regards to any diet restrictions, I think the previous time they were able to accommodate you.

The rest please confirm your attendance by Wednesday if possible, this gives us 2 weeks to to fill in spots or modify the reservation if needed. As usual, please bring your own glasses and also please bring cash. For those who have not been to the Palace yet, menu is fixed at $50 for a 5-course tasting menu (dessert extra). Our bill usually ends up from $80-$90 per head all in.

• Joel

I’m still on track to make it!

I’m in.

In!

I’ll be there. Planning to bring a 2001 Jaboulet Aîné Hermitage La Chapelle.

Glen

I have a couple of options for 2001… mostly sauternes.
Sauternes: 01 Coutet, Raymond Lafon, Nairac, etc.
2001 Azieda Bricco Asili (Ceretto) Barbaresco Bernardot

I’m leaning towards Nairac or Raymond Lafon since I’ve (surprisingly) never tried them before.

Edited to clarify: I have had Nairac and Raymond Lafon before, of course, but not the 2001 versions of each respective chateau. [thumbs-up.gif]