Mike on Tour--California Edition--May 8 in OC

OK everyone. We are kicking off the formal OL posts for this edition of Mike on Tour, 17 wonderful days in California.

Ramon Del Rosario has generously offered to organize, but please chime in with ideas and thoughts for wines and themes. I am planning on arriving in OC no later than 5:30 pm.

Cheers,

Mike

OC Crew - let’s warm up the sweater guy, it was 24deg in Toronto. Hit me up on PM or reply here. Thinking around 7pm start.

So far we have -

1. Mike
  2. RdR
  3. Leslie
  4. Francine
  5. Rob
  6. Gerry
  7. Frank
  8. Jill
    9-10 - Dennis and Norma
  9. Jay
  10. Curtis (maybe)
  11. Jason
  12. Juyuan

Sam Woo on Culver in Irvine. 7pm start
Bring whatever you want to drink and share
Bring Stems, I have some extras if anyone needs them

Nice to see Rob and Francine’s names! Is everyone flocking to The Playground again? :wink: Any theme in mind? Got a PM for this, but expecting to be in LA that night. If anything changes, I’ll let you know.

Please count my wife and I in for the 8th! Does anyone know how hard it will be to make arrangements on the Friday of Mother’s Day weekend at Playground?

As to themes, how about CndPs, or Rhones vs. Rhone Rangers? I am open to almost any theme. What does Mike like?

Wow. So nice you guys. Extra thanks Ramon for spearheading. Ah, Dennis—you’ve picked my meh stuff—Grenache [grin.gif]. That said, I’ve enjoyed older CdPs. And Rayas, of course.

Not in any particular order or necessarily what I have to choose, but was loosely thinking of (from the liquid swag I’m toting with me), 2005 Produttori di Barbaresco Rio Sordo, 2008 Domaine de Lambrays Clos de Lambrays, halfsie of 2005 Climens for dessert (Ashish in SF will mourn, but he’ll get to try something else!) or a 2008 Domaine de Chevalier Blanc.

Making Playground reservations on Fridays can be tough, especially when you have more than 6 people and they impose a fixed “omakase” or family style meal for you.

We need the help of someone like James Dietz.

Looks like you are filled up. However i would like to attend.

Maybe two “separate” reservations of 6.

I’ve got us set up for Sam woos in irvine for Friday night at 7pm. Let me know if this works.

Looking forward to seeing you Mike…Sam Woos is a fun place and all set up and ready for you!!!
Be sure to wear a nice sweater!!! [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]

Haha–Fish has already more or less ordered the appearance of sweater so I will, of course, oblige!

Presuming Chinese food, either the 2008 Domaine de Chevaliers Bordeaux Blanc or the 2010 Grosset Polish Hill Riesling will likely be my entry.

I will be there. What is the start time for this gathering? We using the private room?

I believe we have the private room. We should be set for 7pm.

I almost forgot—I’m packing something else just for a small sip for everyone, interesting and different stuff, we’ll have some fun with it.

Ramon says that our wine theme will be ones that don’t suck.

:slight_smile:

Bring whatever you want to drink/share.
Send me a PM if you have special needs.

Mike - got you for no shellfish

Stems?

I will need some–can I ask for 3?

Bring stems.

I will have some extras if anyone needs them

Mike - I have stems you can use.

Just saw this. You can waitlist me.

Jason