Chicago, May 1st and 2nd - Hackerfest 1

Alrighty, y’all— Jay Hack will be in a drinkin’ mood after his illicit rendezvous with other legal compadres, and ready to kick-off (like Jay Cutler) Friday, 5/1/2015. And of course, we will have to babysit him on Saturday night as well. [snort.gif]

As per normal, Sun Wah is in the cards (maybe we’ll order even more food?), and other options are BBQ, Italian, sushi yada-yada for the other night.

With changes in forumites travel plans I am taking point for this.

When you reply below, please note whether you are in for Friday or Saturday, or both nights, so I do not keep having to ask everyone this simple question… [soap.gif]

Friday— Chez Simo 7:00 pm

Jay Hack - Paumanok Bubbly, 2007 Quilceda Creek Cabernet
Corey N + 1
Scott Nelson + 1 - TBD Champagne, 2008 Larkmead Cabernet, 2012 HLR Cellars Cabernet

Saturday— Sun Wah BBQ 6:00 pm - 3 Ducks Pre Ordered

Jay Hack - 2006 Dönnhoff Schloßböckelheimer Felsenberg Felsentürmchen Spätlese
Corey N + 1
Scott Nelson - TBD White, 2008 Mount Eden Pinot Noir
David K + 1
Mark Fister
Jordan Whitehead - 2002 St Innocent Shea Vineyard
Tim F - 2001 JJ Prum
Steve N +1
Mike L + 1

So I guess you’ve volunteered to be abused, I mean to take the lead.

I’m now only in for Sun Wah, whichever day that happens to be.

Unfortunately we will have to bow out both days…in-laws coming into town…

Cheers,
JP

I’m still in, at least Friday night. I arranged Sun Wah last time. No big deal to call them so long as we can figure out numbers. I ordered way too much food last time and we had tons of pork left over, but it was worth it.

In light of the Levenberg thread in Winetalk, I will bring either an SQN or a Saxum. Two years ago, I brought an Alban and it was great.

if anyone else is unable to make it and wants to try and follow up the following weekend (may 9 maybe?), Id love to meet up. I’ll be in sonoma for may 1-4 so ill likely have something in tow ill be excited to drink.

I’m in for Sun Wah either night. Plus, a visit to Hopleaf after dinner as well…

Hi Folks

The plan is to meet at Briciola at 7:00 pm on Friday May 1st and to meet at Sun Wah at 6:00 pm on Saturday May 2nd. The reason for choosing Sun Wah on that Saturday is because they kick people out on the earlier side.

Reservations will be under my name.

As for wine themes.

Friday Champagne, Whites, and bigger reds

Saturday anything goes

Send me a PM with what wines you are planning on bringing and I’ll start a spreadsheet.

I will stay until Sunday and do both.

Friday wine . . . Bigger Reds?How about a 2007 Quilceda Creek Cabernet. Big enough? I don’t know that it goes with the menu, but I do not see bringing it to Sun Wah for that menu either. I have to hold up the Big Red side of the equation, especially since my brother in law is the provost at Cornell. I will also bring a Paumanok bubbly from New York if I can fit it into my baggage.

Saturday wine . . . 2006 Dönnhoff Schloßböckelheimer Felsenberg Felsentürmchen Spätlese. Last had this in 2009 and it was outstanding. Should go well with Sun Wah.

I’m in for sun wah saturday if there is still a contingency

I have to pull out. Working late on Friday. Have fun, guys. Wish I could have made it.

Please switch me from the Friday list to the Saturday list. Thanks.

I need to flip Friday to Saturday with my +1

Do we have a reservation for 12 on saturday?

Yes, we do have a table reserved for for 12 on Saturday, May 2nd at 6:00 pm. We could grab two tables for 6 if people think that would be easier.

Also, we should also think about if we want to pre order the complete duck dinner or the duck from standard menu.

If we get more interest for that Saturday I’m sure we can change the reservation.

3-4 duck dinners

Scott – I think we told Briciola that we’d be 25 for Friday. We may want to pare down that number. OTOH, the group might be small enough that we could grab a spot in their outdoor patio.

I did change the number on the reservation for Friday.

I asked about the outdoor patio. They won’t know if that is an option until closer to the date.

Pig for Saturday?

So long as we start after sundown so the pig does not conflict with the Sabbath.