SQN offline in Boston area

Anyone interested in a SQN offline in / around the Boston area sometime in the next few months as the weather clears up?

I’d be interested. I’ve only been on the list a couple of years so would only be able to contribute the young stuff, though.

Mattias,

Not a problem. I’ve been on the list for 10 years now so have some older stuff to bring. Let’s give this thread another week or so to see what other response we get and then we can choose a date

Hope to meet you in person soon

I’m out of Philly but would make the trip up for this, date dependent…

Mattias and I were just talking about needing to pop some SQN earlier this week!

Erich . . . sounds good. I’m going to give this one more week to see who else pops on

After that, let’s get something on the books for sometime in later April / early May.

Look forward to meeting some other wine folks on the East Coast, and particularly other SQNers

Yeah, I hope we can round up some more local SQNers…

My schedule is quite bad, but SQN could justify travelling to Bahston. I also only have the past few years - I am only recently on the list.

Looks like we’re getting some momentum going!

How about this everyone . . . next Tuesday (giving this a full week more), we’ll can start discussing a preliminary date with whomever has responded. We can also start lining up bottle ideas based on our inventory.

If this does wind up being in Boston-area, since there are relatively few restaurants that allow corkage up here, I would be happy to host at my house in Arlington, MA. Once the weather gets nicer, our patio makes a great spot for an offline/cook-out combo. Open to other suggestions as well, but at least we have one location option that is a solid lock!

Hey all . . . thoughts about an offline on Sunday, April 26th?

I could host at my home in Arlington. And, given that most wines would likely be big reds (with an occasional SQN white or two), I have a BGE and gas grill that could be at the ready to prepare whatever meats / veggies might pair best

I’m game, I have a dark blossom I can sacrifice.

Gentlemen,

I’m going to formally propose April 26th . . . 3pm start to give everyone the opportunity to get back to their homes at a decent hour.

I’ll be contributing most likely a Raven and perhaps also a white (Moment perhaps)

Eric looks like he’s in for a Dark Blossom

Menu possibilities could be:
–Oysters
–Leg of lamb on the big green egg which should go well with the SQN reds

Let me know if you are in and what you could contribute. Eric and I have been trying to get this type of rodeo going here in Boston for a while so would be great to get some meet some new faces and start a more regular outing schedule

If you all wanted to try the Andremily wine, I could bring that instead.

Unfortunately I can’t make it up that weekend

I might be interested. Would be great if we could do a weekend that my old Philly buddy Erich could make it…

Sunday is tough for us because by the time we dry out, there’s no time left to return to New York . . . but then again, it is SQN. If this reaches a critical mass, I’ll see what i can do, and if you are doing it at home on the BGE, I could smoke a brisket or a pork shoulder for pulled pork and bring it with me to further the food theme.

May need to come up with a Saturday that would work out. Unfortunately, that Sunday was the only day I know I am free for the next 4 weeks, so may just push this into May

I’ll look at the calendar and propose some other dates

Yes - I’d rather wait a bit if that helps us get a sizable group. Being pretty new on the list and not having many bottles yet, each one feels pretty precious, so would rather share them with more people. More fun to try a sixth of six different bottles than a third from three…or something like that.

Mattias . . . agreed. Eric and I likely will get together anyway because we’ve had a fairly regular meetup every 4-6 weeks. PM if you’re interested in sharing a glass of whatever we wind up opening that night (likely not SQN at this point). Otherwise, stay tuned for a new date

Thanks All – for May the weekends I see I could not make (wife on call and I am on baby duty) are May 9-10 and May 30-31.

I am new to the list but do have some older stuff or Next of Kyn.

Throwing a feeler of a date out there . . . May 2nd?

Between Erich’s and my schedule, it looks like May 9, 16, and 30 are out. I was considering May 23 but given that May 25th is Memorial Day I figured that might be a little difficult as well