Tercero winemaker dinner with Larry in Newport Beach, Sat. 3/7

Hello fellow Berserkers. We are holding a Tercero dinner in Newport Beach, featuring Larry Schaffer and his excellent and wide-ranging collection of wines.

It will be a 5-6 course tasting dinner in a separate back building in A Restaurant, located at the corner of Pacific Coast Highway and Newport Boulevard, which gives us a terrific place we can sit down to taste and eat while also being able to mingle, move around, and interact with Larry and each other, free from any concern about other diners. It will be very similar to this dinner we had for Joe Davis of Arcadian a year ago: TN: Arcadian Dinner with Joe Davis - Something old, something new - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

A number of OC Berserkers will be in attendance as well (Frank Murray, Bryan Cottriel, Jim Dietz and me as of now), and it should be a great time. Most of you know Larry to some degree, but to those who do not, he is a firehose of knowledge and passion about winemaking, yet at the same time a completely fun, unpretentious and gregarious guy. It should be a wonderful evening, equal parts wine appreciation/learning and just good company and a fun Saturday night on the town.

The dinner should cost around $90-100 per person, all inclusive (meal, wine, tax, tip, and sharing the cost of Larry’s dinner), but I am finalizing that as we speak. We will arrive starting at 6:00 and sit down to the first course at 7:00.

As of now, we are aiming for 14-16 people total, and somewhere between 2-8 spots are available, pending a few final confirmations in the next day or two. If you want to attend, please reply in this thread, and we will fill the remaining spots (and create a wait list if appropriate) based on the order in which you RSVP in this thread, and I will let everyone know where they stand. You are welcome to bring a spouse/date if you wish, please note that in your RSVP. Also, please PM me with any dietary restrictions so I can make accommodations for you in the tasting menu.

Thank you so much for supporting special Berserker events like this one. I hope to see you there.

Bump. I could fit four more as of this moment if anyone is interested. It’ll be a great dinner.

Looking forward to the dinner, Chris!