SF East Bay - Monthly Burgundy Dinner, starting 2/20

I recently moved to the East Bay (Piedmont) from Los Angeles. As I’m starting to meet other burgundy lovers here, I’m trying to put together a regular burgundy dinner in the East Bay. Right now it’s me and two friends from Oakland - we’re looking for a few more folks to join.

The plan is to meet on a regular day of the month (3rd Friday is the plan for now) at a restaurant in the East Bay (most likely Oakland / Berkeley). Probably 6-8 people for each dinner. Ideally you could join every month, but if you’d prefer to do one-off as well that would be fine.

We’d bring 1-2 bottles per person, all Burgundy (white and red) and probably around a theme (most likely a particular set of villages or vintages).

I would describe the price point as “moderate” - 1er Cru and Grand Cru wines from the Cote d’Or. Think Lafarge, Bize, Chevillon, l’Arlot, Bachelet, Fourrier, Barthod, Lambrays, Jadot, Dauvissat, etc.

First dinner is Friday 2/20. Please PM or reply if you’re interested, for this date or beyond.

Thanks,
Chris

I’m down in Fremont, but would be interested in joining the Oakland group on occasion. Don’t know if I can make the 20th, but if you continue to post future dates here I’ll keep my eyes open. There are a few folks in your area, Eric Lundblad is one.

Thanks Alan - it would be great to have you join, for 2/20 or future dinners. I met Eric at a Burgundy Geeks dinner last month - we both have a love of NSG. Hopefully he’ll be able to join as well.

SF guy here. I love Burgundy, and would be interested in joining occasionally.

Thanks Rich - I’ll let you know next time we have one.

Here’s a picture from our first dinner at Bistro Michel in Oakland. We had a nice range of vintages (93-09) and styles (De Montille to Pousse d’Or). The 07 Ducs was definitely the WOTN for all. Unlike a lot of 07 Volnay I’ve had, it was somewhat reticent and only hinting at what’s to come. That said, it was still amazing.

I was also surprised by how accessible the 05 Lafon was. Of course it has decades ahead and is far from peak, but it was showing a lot more than I would have expected.
IMG_0941.JPG

Would be interested in joining this as well, although depending in location. I am based in SF as you can probably tell form the multiple posts I have in the offline forum :slight_smile:

Hi Chris,
Moved to the East Bay recently and currently staying with family while we are searching for a home in the Berkeley Hills. Would love to join occassionally since Fridays are generally not great for me. Please let me know the next time you line one of these up.

Thanks!!
Chris

Let me know next time this goes down, I’d love to join.