Ipob 2015

Who is going? Wife and I are making an overnight of it.

i’m coming up from DC… can’t wait!

I’ll be at the Tokyo event :slight_smile:

Should we wear helmets so we know who we are?

No, just Dartmouth sweatshirts.

:slight_smile:

SF, I’ll be there. Looking forward to it.

Bumping this up since IPOB New York is only a few days away. This will be my first time attending. Does anyone have any strategies on how to tackle the tasting? Every time I run through the list of who will be there, I can’t seem to narrow it down to a reasonable size before my palate will go numb!

I would be careful posting this in WineTalk. Another winemaker named Larry may think its more worthy of Offline since it’s not about him and the mods may agree, but that was me, not you so anything can’t happen…

God forbid this breaks out in speak about Sandhi or Littorai…

:slight_smile:

By the way, I will be there. Easy to spot as I have a stick up my ass sporting the bad attitude, all brought on by the management here.

I can start a more generic “how do you attend a big wine tasting event that is most productive in gaining knowledge, lets you maximize meeting really cool people, and doesn’t give you palate fatigue or get you too drunk” if you all prefer :slight_smile: (But Mike, your post made me laugh – which I needed today, so thanks!) :slight_smile:

I am probably going to the Houston event

Wish I could say the same. [head-bang.gif]

You’re welcomed.

Looking forward to this one. Some interesting wines on tap.
Must pace myself. Oh wait, 12% abv? I can go nuts and never stagger a bit!

I love it! They have many attractive styles for both men:

and women:

Now when is that In Pursuit of Flavor event?

[cheers.gif]

Wife and I will be in NY, Ill prob just hang with the boring tables (think LF and Hirsh) cause that will definitely prevent me from drinking too much

IIRC, the wineries are situated in alphabetical order, which makes them easy to find. I can’t say I have any further advice on how to tackle them, though. Certain tables get busier than others for no obvious reason. I think your best bet is to know what you absolutely have to try (what will you lose sleep over if you don’t try?), and play the rest by ear. And take advantage of the cheese and crackers from time to time. See you in NY!

Thanks, Carla!! That’s a good perspective (I was trying to put them in categories of new-to-me wineries, favorites vs. recommendations). I’ll use the train ride tomorrow morning to try to come up with a plan! See you there! [cheers.gif]

I’ll be in Houston. We need a smaller version of this sticker to put on our name tags at events:

http://www.goprographics.com/Viking-Movie-Helmet-Sticker-Norse-Berserker-Nordic-Heritage-BERSERKERstix.htm

Wow, getting pretty pricey. SF version was $100 last year, over my threshold. This year $125. Guess they want to limit the attendance.