Boston MA -- Kevin is back

Hi guys, guess what? I’ve moved back to Boston after 5 years in Philly!!!

Need to get readjusted to a lot of things…lobster rolls in stead of cheesesteaks, decent wine shops instead of a crappy state-controlled monopoly, and I’m constantly finding myself driving in the wrong lanes (amazing what you forget in 5 years).

Please let me know if anything is in the offing wine-wise…

champagne.gif

Welcome back
I’ll get you back on the the list
When you get settled give me a call or e-mail.

Already emailed you Ron a few min ago (assuming I have your current address).

I’m back and raring to go…

Nice move. What took you so long?

Folks, I work in Bahston and am eager to get involved in the wine scene. (My how I miss the wine scene in NY). Is there one up here? I usually am around Sunday nights through Thursdays. So far I have found Bahston to be pretty wine unfriendly. I have only found one place that does corkage, for example.

Steve
Send me a PM or e-mail with your contact details and I’ll put you on the OL contact list.

Hey Steve
Check out this thread: Greater Boston - BYO Forum - Wine at Restaurants - WineBerserkers

BYOB “in” Boston is illegal, but legal in the 'burbs.

Also looking to branch out in the Boston area with like minded folks. Recently moved out to Needham so trying to adjust to live in the 'burbs with a 2yr old and a 3mo old.

-jason

Natick

This is the longest period of time (2 months) I have ever gone without a BYOB meal in about 10 years!

5 years! It doesn’t seem a day over 4 :slight_smile:

I’ll be around a lot starting in a few months - lotsa travel lately to “interesting” and many wine non-existent spots

Ted

Kevin - there a few passable BYOB places outside the city, but too few. I have heard that some Boston / Brookline places are at times willing to host a larger party with BYOB.

There’s a very good sushi place close to Ron and me that I can get us into if people are ever interested. It’s not an Uni type place, but it is far better than most other sushi restaurants. We would have to pay corkage, which is generally $25/bottle, but they have lowered that for me when we’ve had a group with lots of wine. Those who know the area well might know where I mean, but please do not mention it by name as it isn’t their official policy and is not exactly legal for them to do.

Whether or not it’s there, I am usually game for an offline.

If it starts with an ‘O’ I am in, if a ‘M’ I’ll pass.
I wouldn’t object to our regular sushi place in Wellesley who has no corkage.

O. The usual spot with no corkage is always fine by me as well.

I’ll be in Mexico 3/14–3/30, propose some dates for Y

Which O?

Actually, it doesn’t matter, I like both.

I seem to remember O in CH used to allow BYOB (no liquor license).

I’m around…

O is in Natick and quite good. Yama in Wellesley has always been byob and is almost as good.

Yes, like O in Natick. Also O in Sudbury.

Don’t think I’ve been to Yama.

Is Sweet Basil in Needham still good and legal?

Don’t know about good but legal