Plano, TX: Feb 13th

Any DFW locals interested? Thinking of getting a small group of 6-10 for evening of Cabernet/Bordeaux. Here’s what I could coordinate if interest is there:

When:
Friday Feb 13th
6:30PM - ?

Where:
Plano, TX (my office)
Plenty of glassware

Food:
Brisket
Cheese board
Charcuterie

Theme: Damn Good Cabernet or Blends (new and old world)

4 Folks Confirmed (myself included). Would love to grow this offline. Someone has generously offered to bring a brisket and I’ll have plenty of other food to share. I’m bringing a couple bottles of very good Cab to share. Any local folks from Allen, Frisco, Plano? How about you fancy Dallas 214 folks? :slight_smile:

You have me in the count? I am always anxious to meet wine lovers I haven’t met before.

5 now with you Michael. Thanks

I’m interested, but need to verify that night is open.

Joe

I would be interested in getting together sometime, but have another commitment on the 13th.

I am open - my wife and I will share in the tasting pleasure!

I’d be interested in future gatherings, but can’t make this one. Please post pics of the foods and wines though.

Sounds like fun. Need to check the social calendar with the wife first.

Tell her it’s her Valentine’s present. Good wine. Good food. Good friends new and old.

Looks like V Day on Saturday is taking priority on asking the in laws for a sitter… Im in Plano so definitely interested in meeting the Dallas/Collin County folks the next time around!

I’ll be Mr. C is collecting handles and email addresses now. There are quite a few of us whose paths never cross. Always fun to meet new wine lovers.

Sounds like this conflicts with Valentine’s day. How about a re-schedule to later in February?

Rescheduling is fine with me.

Michael, did anyone ever tell you that you look like Anthony Bourdain on your avatar?

No, they didn’t. I wish I got to see all the places he has seen but I am not interested in eating all the things he has eaten.

That photo was taken in Nicolas Potel’s part of the wine caverns running under Nuits-Sainte-Georges.

Your party, Phil - no issues on my end except that now I need to plan a valentines day! What wines does Hooters carry? [stirthepothal.gif]

There should be plenty of Sutter Home available.

So are we on or are we off?

Michael and Joe, if you guys are still up for it I’d be happy to host you? With V-day on the 14th I didn’t get a lot of takers from my circle. That being said, my wife and kids are out of town that weekend so if you guys are up for it let me know?