Open That Bottle Night Feb 28 Long Island

Not sure why I subscribe to the “open that bottle night” theory but I have for a bunch of years now. So if anyone would like to meetup on Saturday February 28th on Long Island to share some wines and eat some food let me know. If its small turnout I can host something at my house, otherwise I have a few restaurants that will work with me on corkage.
Theory is we (or at least me) hold on to special bottles waiting for that right time or event to open the bottles and sometimes that event/time doesn’t come. Instead of letting them past their peak open it up on the last Saturday of February (was started by WSJ columnists Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher)

Great idea, except on 2/28 there is an offline at Keen’s steakhouse, where I think we first met. How about doing it there?

Location may be changed from Long Island to Keens. Love the pipes and the steaks!

Out of town that week, but my wife and I are always down for some Long Island bottle opening. Out of the game for a bit due to pregnancy and babies, but ready to get back in. champagne.gif

Dan: We are still doing the LI blind tasting group, although tomorrow night’s installment has been cancelled. If you and Stacy are interested PM me with your contact info.