3rd Annual - Di Fara's Pizza in Brooklyn - February 17, 2015

3rd annual Di Fara’s wine dinner

$34 a person and all you can eat. Price includes tip and all the soda/drinks you can consume. Dom will make all types of pizza for 20 - 23 of your closest friends. I’d like to max out at 21. Last year, some would say it was hard for Dom to keep up.

This is a pre-pay event. Please PM me for my Paypal address.

Di Fara’s http://www.difara.com/

Fat Tuesday February 17th.

Time 7:00 - 10:00 (pizza served through 9:00).

Free street parking after 7:00. If you take the train, it’s the Avenue J stop on the Q.

Bring glasses. The theme is the same as last year Wines that don’t suck.

They start with a round, then a square, and move on from there. Dom will make whatever we want, even if it’s not on the menu. Someone asked for a sauce and veggie pizza without cheese, and Dom made it. The balance of that pie didn’t go to waste. [wink.gif]

After everyone had a couple of slices, we settled into the fancier pies. I always wanted to taste the artichoke pizza, the meatball pizza, the pepperoni, and yes, the onion and cherry tomato pizza. Humm. Hum. Margaret likes to serve what she thinks is the best pizza, based on previous sales.

Some of the wines from last year:

Myriad Cellars Three Twins Cabernet Sauvignon
'10 Tablas Creek Grenache
'09 Bedrock Griffin’s Lair Syrah
'12 Liquid Farm Golden Slope Chard and a '98 Soldera Brunello
'05 Maybach Materium
'04 Paolo Scavino Barolo Bric dël Fiasc
'07 Rhys Horeshoe Syrah and '08 Martinelli Vellutini
'99 Castello di Monsanto ‘Il Poggio’ Chianti Classico Riserva + '02 Remi Jobard Meursault 1er 'Les Genevrieres
'98 Giovanni Corino Barolo Vigna Giachini. + '98 Paolo Scavino Barolo Carobric
'82 Robert Mondavi Reserve Cabernet
'07 Marchesi di Barolo Barolo + 2010 Seghesio Omaggio
'96 Corison Cabernet Sauvignon + '09 Cavallotto Langhe Freisa Bricco Boschis

Bring stems.

Are you in?

Dan 07 Sojourn Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain
Rachel + 1
mattcitrang + 1 2008 Tenuta Monteti Caburnio Mag
Brent + Christian Galliani and Danielle Oteri
Corey + 1
Dan R
Adam W
D. Z.
Z. HU + 4 04 Pegau, 06 Casanova Di Neri Tenuta Nuova, 06 Felsina Rancia, 06 Carlisle Papas Block Syrah, Maybe a San Diego aged barrel stout
JayK + 1 2008 Biserno and a 2011 Keenan Cab Franc
Brian 2009 Jonata Todos

Bolding = paid

Seats are held based on payment.

Waitlist:

A new plus 1 for JayK

Place Saver

In + 1 please. Fat Tuesday is a great day for all you can eat pizza!!

Website says closed Monday and Tuesday??

I will be at Falltacular. I will tell Michelle.

So put me on the list +1

I so want to go to this [swoon.gif]

Don’t know if you’ve counted me separately in the Flyertalker allotment, but count me +1 in.

Dan,
Thank you for organizing. Due to a schedule overhaul for the next several weeks because of recent weather related postponements, I must un-rsvp for Feb 17.
Margie

Dearest Rachel. What do you think? [wink.gif]

I suspect we’re in your plus 4. But hey, a girl’s gotta make sure she can get her DiFara’s. [cheers.gif]

In +2.

In +1.

In

honored that we were in the mix last year w/ the 2012 Golden Slope Chard - WOOT! would be great to have some liquid showing in the 2015 next month - maybe the FOUR would be in order? we are sold out but can get you a bottle from our personal stash should you want to grab one and offer at a no brainer price :slight_smile: let us know and cheers! champagne.gif

The Liquid Farmer’s

ps; will any of you guys be able to be there at IPOB/In Pursuit of Balance a bit later in Feb? Week of La Paulee on a Monday evening at Tribeca 360 [drinkers.gif]

Feel free to PM me for my address. I’d be happy to accept your bottle for tasting. I’ll even post a note. champagne.gif

bump.

I know everyone will be around on January 27th. [wink.gif]

Please PM me for my paypal information. Cost is still $34 per person all-in.