The Fund Peter's Kidney Offline - White Plains, NY - Adjourned to improve participation.

I am adjourning this event to a date to b determined because I really want better participation. I had a great plan - I will donate a bottle of 1875 Madeira and people will pay $100 an ounce for pours. That raises $2500 or so. Then I challenge the rest of you to donate great bottles to do the same. However, the NYS Liquor Authority said I need a license. I’m working on that plan. Stay tuned.

If you are anything more than a once in a blue moon participant or lurker on this Board, you know that one of our members, Peter Tryba, has been in need of a kidney transplant for quite some time. He is getting close, and has a donor, but still needs additional funds to complete the procedure. We’ve decided to have a fundraising offline to get him closer to his goal. For more information about Peter, you can look here:

Here are the particulars:

52 Sammis Lane, White Plains
Sunday, January 25, 2015
4:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Minimum donation - $36 per person - why - double life - payable at the door. I will look into taking checks payable to a tax deductible charity, which I think exists. You are welcome to contribute more than the minimum.
We will provide dinner for everyone - a little of this, a little of that, whatever strikes my fancy that week in the stores, but you will not go away hungry.
BYO - bring a bottle you want to share.
Stems? - We have some, but wouldn’t mind if you brought your own.
Maximum number of people - 40 - so if you are coming, sign up below. We don’t have room for more.

The real challenge - you live in another city and can’t make it here? Host your own event! Who wants to watch the Pro Bowl, anyway?

Check back for more info - I’m sure you guys and gals will have questions about things I did not think of that I will answer. And Yes, Peter knows about this.

I can be there only after 7 unfortunately.

Janice and I will see you then. Great idea. [cheers.gif]

That’s OK. We will certainly have enough food and I won’t even need to count you against the 40 people limit. [cheers.gif]

Did we lay an egg? Anyone interested?

Only 2 responses?

So far. I can only hope for more. I guess these people have never eaten my brisket and pulled pork.

Have you tried posting something in Wine Talk to get more attention? I’m sure no one would mind.

I have to work that our with Todd. I have just been very busy the past few days. I will send him a message on it later today.

I arrive back from Boca that day, but I have not yet made my return flight…so with that being said, I will try and make it. Will let you know.

Me

Dan what time are you coming by?

Jay??

I actually screwed up on my original scheduling above. My Sunday is pretty open now and I can be there from the start…IF this is still happening. Heartless bastards.

This one seems to have died on the vine, so to speak, due to very limited interest. I’m thinking maybe I’ll just have a few of you guys over and make some good food and we can use it as an excuse to drink some stuff. Any votes for a Sunday late afternoon sinner/excuse to drink something?

Jeez, what a let down. I’d still be game for a low key Sunday afternoon/eve. Needless to say, the $36+ will still be forthcoming.

[welldone.gif]

I’m still in.

Yup me too, I will come directly from the Airport most probably, so I will leave the wine in the car, to bring over…

Thanks

See post #1 revision. I am adjourning until I figure out a way to raise more money. I’m working on it.

Can you get around the license thing by calling it a “suggested donation” instead of people paying for pours? Obviously that’s an expensive bottle of wine and a great cause, so I doubt anyone would be rude enough not to do as suggested.

Looks like you hit a Falltacular type speed bump. If this happens when the weather is a little better Dana and I would be interested. Perhaps a Peter Tryba Kidney Berserkerfest???