2 - Jens & wife Susanne
2 - Diane Kessler & husband
1 - Robert Pavlovich
1- Margie Russell
2- David & Caroline Lazer
1- David Cohen
1- Paul Raghib
2 - Jay Hack & Rebecca

Robert please join the second table or you can start a 3rd with your own theme. Margie

Thanks Margie, planning on it…

Robert, do you have family in the city or just road tripping?

There’s a crew in Jersey that gets together, CT crowd, which I’ve tried to make the last couple of years unsuccessfully.

I have some work related stuff in NYC, love the city too but this time just planning to make the grand tasting at La Paulee and don’t want to spend all that extra coin on the Gala dinner so this should work out perfectly.

Depending on my work schedule I’d like to join. Have a bunch of Ca. Cab or Syrah I could bring

updated on first post

Margie: Caroline and I would like to come. We’re ok for Cali cab or syrah. Pinot in a steakhouse? Some other varietals are called for as well.

David you and Caroline are all set and I welcome suggestions on other varietals.

I’m with Steve on cab or syrah to go with steak.

For what it’s worth, Keens is unlike the other great NY steakhouses in that one of its signature cuts, the chateaubriand, is lean, gamey from the dry aging, and pairs beautifully with Pinot. Folks shouldn’t feel uncertain about bringing older burg here (though I wouldn’t pair it with a butter-drenched porterhouse, but that’s a question of what you choose to order!)

UPDATED as of Feb 17 - New York City Feb 28 7pm SATURDAY at Keens Steakhouse
**Corkage $30 http://www.keens.com/ *** JENS COMES TO TOWN *

SEE FIRST POST

please put down as tentative for 1 person at the 2nd table if there is still an empty slot. Will bring something big and red.

Yes David there is room.

I think I should be able to make this. I will get the ball rolling.I can bring bring either a 1997 Insignia or a 2002 Blankiet any preference?

2002, but have to say kind of surprised at the lack of interest in Burg with La Paulee going on. I may have to bring a bottle so long that’s welcome. Maybe a Northern Rhone also.

I thought table 2 was for Domestic Cabs or Syrah?

It was a fluid situation for a while, not sure anything’s in stone yet. Anyway, I’d vote to expand the Cabernet/Syrah to the old world as well. Cali wines don’t usually pair very well with food IMO.

Updated in first post,

Can’t say I agree with that last sentence I find CA Cabs & steak a great pairing. I’ve done many CA Offlines at Keens with great success