Rhys Tasting For The OC--Part 2....Saturday, 1/17 @ My Place

Back in October, we held a fairly comprehensive Rhys tasting, which we chronicled here: TN: Rhys Tasting With The Gang - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

We moved through quite a few pieces of the Rhys work, although we left some opportunity to explore, unable to get to some key pieces. From thinking about things, we didn’t get around to these:

Bearwallow
2008, 2009 and 2011 vintages
Syrah

I’d like to gather another group again and make this happen in January. I’d be happy to host again here at the house, do the same food (bring in and keep the cost low) and keep it comfortable. I would like to limit the bottles to no more than 12. And, with the smaller bottle count, we also limit the table to 10 people, which is a bottle per person and thus a bit larger pours.

Who is attending:

Me (1)–2009 Bearwallow PN
Brian (1)–2008 and 2009 Horseshoe PN
Bryan and his wife (2)–2010 and 2011 Bearwallow PN
Paul (1)–2008 and 2009 Family Farm PN
Rob (1)–2008 and 2009 Horseshoe Syrah
Andrew (1)–2007 Horseshoe Syrah
Brian Acacio and guest (2)–2011 Horseshoe PN (via Frank). For 2nd bottle, we’ll ask him to front cash for food.

The wines we will pour:

Horseshoe Syrah–2007, 2008 and 2009 (Andrew doing 2007, with Rob doing 2008 and 2009)
Family Farm Pinot–2008 and 2009 (Paul H doing both)
Bearwallow Pinot–2009, 2010 and 2011 (Frank doing 2009, with Bryan C doing 2010 and 2011)
Horseshoe Pinot–2008, 2009 and 2011 (Brian B doing 2008 and 2009, with Brian A doing 2011)

I would be in. The date doesn’t matter to me…January is open.

In for either date.

I am interested, but need to check on the dates.

Would love to do this again. Jan 17th works for me - 24th does not.

Date dependent Lisa and I are interested

Well, how we like the 17th of January? This fits for Brian, and I’d like the rest of you to calendar check and then hit me back with a reply so we can get this onto the calendar and do some planning. We’re stopping at 10 people, and let’s do +1s this time but if you bring a +1, we will need you to bring 2 bottles of things that we need to fill out the list.

Thanks everyone.

The 17th works for me, and add Dana to the list.

That date works for me…If I can add a my wife that would be great.

I am in on the 17th - but will be solo.

Please add me. I should be able to make the 17th.

Ok, so let’s step back here for a second and see what we have. With 10 chairs, we have this list now formed:

Me (1)
Brian (1)
Bryan and his wife (2)
Mike and Dana (2)
Bruce (1)
Arnie (?)
Paul (?)

Looks like right now we are at 11 potential, provided Arnie and Lisa opt in, and Paul comes in at mininum of one, with a +1 option.

Arn and Paul, please check and confirm back.

For anyone else that has an interest, it would be of great help you post now so we can consider all who have interest. The confirmed group then can take a voice and look at their cellars to see how we want to play the wines.

Missing Brian Bohr who posted early in the thread.

Duh. Yes, correct.

Thank you,

The Management

Frank…I can cancel my +1 if you want to keep it at 10 and someone else wants in. She was indifferent about coming…just let me know.

Bryan, leave your wife on the list for now, let’s see what Paul and Arnie have to say.

Mike has got my back!!

Please add me if room, or wait list if possible.

Frank - I am in on the 17th flying solo.

We will have to pass on the 17th. ENJOY