2015 Friday Night BYOB Pre-Falltac Dinner--2/20 @ 6PM, Luciana's in Dana Pt (RSVP names in Post #1)

Carrying forward the strong tradition of the Friday night Pre-Falltacular BYOB dinner, we’ll do it again this time, too! Last year, for the second time, we did Brick in San Clemente, which from my perspective went terrific. While I can’t seem to easily track down any photos of the big Friday night dinner from last year, I am sure a few of you out there have some handy. Post a couple if you can so we can give others a sense of how cool this dinner has become, the tradition it represents. From a numbers point of view, I think we had 60 people last year, at least 80 bottles, but probably closer to 100. And the price came in about $45 a person, so everything really penciled out nicely and it was just a whale of a night to get everyone primed for the big day on Saturday. Here is a link to last year, FWIW: Pre-Falltacular Friday Night Dinner--This Friday, 6PM. FINAL DETAILS POSTED - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

As for expectations around the dinner, here are a few for those who may be new to the Friday night dinner.

1. Dinner will be held here: http://www.lucianas.com/, beginning at 6PM.

2. It’s BYOB, so the bottles we enjoy are not part of the big Saturday falltacular event. Instead, the Friday dinner is really about what everyone decides to pull and bring to drink from their own cellars. Yes, there will be winemakers at the dinner who will also attend and pour their own wines on Saturday and so you may see some Saturday labels at the Friday dinner. We bring our own stems, too.

3. We all split the check, which includes food, corkage, tip and tax. We will do a set menu, done family style. $50 per person, all in. CASH ONLY. No credit cards, plz.

4. I would like you to bring stems. Luciana’s will stem up those who cannot, so please help me/them by bringing yours, and maybe a few for other people, too.

5. You are not required to attend the big Saturday Falltacular event if you only want to attend the Friday dinner. Of course, I would love to see all of the Friday folks on Saturday, and generally speaking, that is usually the case but it you cannot make Saturday and still want to attend Friday night’s get together, please do.

This is the list, based on posts so far. Max will be 68 people. I do expect some folks to have issues last minute so we can do a soft wait list past that #.
Me
French-face +1
Steve/Misuk A
The Caplans
The Smiths
Bruce R
The Gootkins
Sweater Man
Perry/Jim
Sal/Nancy D
Jennifer/Brian B
Joann/Ted E
G2
Diana/Marshall G
Scott/Andrea W
Mike/Dana K
Bob S
Sabha/Andrew C
Danny M
Mark/Brad
Michael Brown/Susan Otto
Michael/Tracy Scariano
Dave Alles
Will Crawford
Darren D + 2
L2
Cheryl/Mike Schulman
Glenn M +1
Ami/Paul I + 1
Goldfish
Paul/Rob
Mr Tercero
Rdr and Fe
Bruce W
Rob and Francine
Jay and Diane
Robin S
Silk
Counselor
Larry and Lori P
Robin M

Very interested Frank…this about a mile from my place of work, hard to beat that.

probably in again, particularly if it is in town - hopefully we have a little more space this time! :slight_smile:

I’ll probably be up for it as well - last year was fun . . . but it was a bit cramped in all honesty.

Cheers!

Frank,

I am probably in this year with my 3 buds that are coming down for the event

Cheers
Paul

image.jpg
This should entice anyone to want to attend.

Larry and Todd, we’ll resolve the space issue this year and make it more comfortable. For now, we’ll decide that the max for Brick is 50 people. We had 59 last year there, which created the cramped conditions so a 20% cut to 50 people should do it.

If we end up somewhere else for the event, we can adjust the #. I’ll begin by talking with Brick and we can go from there.

Frank,

Misuk and I are in. The Friday dinner is always one of our favorite events of the year.

Cheers,

Steve

At least the Caplans and Smith’s are in

Frank,
Laurie and I, and our friends the Gootkins ( it will be their third Falltacular) would love to attend the Friday dinner.

I can promise there will be no tauntwear this time around :slight_smile:

I would, of course, be in for Friday dinner, once I book my flight down.

Mike

Perry and I are in. Looking forward to it!

Sal and I will attend, also. Hope the venue can accommodate all who wish to attend.

Jennifer and I will be there.

Joann and are in for this as well.

այո, խնդրում եմ

G2, nice with the Armenian. You’re logged, as it were, Paul Bunyan.

image.jpg
r
image.jpg

Diana and I are in for Friday night…Always a blast!

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

If still available Andrea and I are in.