Atlanta GTG after New Year

I am now an official Georgian… Moving vans come Monday and we will head to the new house Tuesday… Would love to get together after the new year with the ATL group, happy to host or maybe we can meet at Canoe (stones throw from the new house).

Open to any ideas, just hoping to meet the crew.

Hi Chris. Also in the 'hood. Canoe is a good spot to get a group together. If we can find a day I am not traveling, would be in for an offline.

Welcome to Atlanta!

Congrats on completing the move! Welcome to the ATL. Let’s crack some bottles. (Of course I just found that I may be moving, so that’s ironic!)

Eric, sounds great…let’s try and make it so you’re in town…

Chad, you are kidding me right? Where y’all headed?

Chris, unless you wanted to do something around New Year’s, Jan is looking a bit silly from a travel perspective . Maybe we target early Feb?

Welcome, Chris.
And I see you are already practicing your y’alls.

I’d be glad to meet up as well. Canoe is great. You may also want to visit the new joint up the street opened by Tom Murphy, Paces and Vine.

Keep me apprised and we’ll pop some corks soon.
champagne.gif

Thanks Dennis, 8 years in Nola and the y’all’s roll off the tongue way too easily (college buddies still give me a hard time). P&V is great, it’s literally walking distance from our new house.

Let’s try to plan something in early-to-mid January as right now our heads are spinning getting the house ready for family coming in.

I’m in Atlanta 1-2 times per qtr. I usually stay in Buckhead and am a big fan of Canoe. I’m in town next week and right now Wed night is open if anyone wants to connect.

Chris- I lived 17 years in Nola. You will be amazed at the quality and number of great restaurants in Atlanta. On par with my adopted hometown.

Cheers
Fred

Fred, wish I could join you but committed with a client.

Fred- will shoot you a PM with contact info

Brining this back to life… Thought on a GTG in next couple weeks?

I’m reasonably available.
Also sending you a PM on a short term oppty.

Going to be in Atlanta with a free evening Saturday June 6 and thought I’d piggyback on this thread. Any locals interested in meeting for dinner and a few bottles? Or if not, recommendations for a good place with corkage?

Please Keep me in the loop on all above meet-ups. I’m good to go if in town, which has been hit and miss lately.

David, I think my schedule is open that night so count me in. Do you know which area in Atlanta you will be staying, and will you have a car? That will help in picking a location.

Hey Mike, I’ll be in midtown at the Loews but don’t mind cabbing anywhere of interest. And I’m open to any cuisine. For wine, probably Bordeaux and Champagne, maybe Rhone or German. Not much Burg in the cellar. I’ll send you my email by PM.

I expect to be available as well.
Have Wine, Will Travel.

Let’s do it! Will be the 1st gtg since the baby has been born.

Any upcoming Atlanta events?

Thanks,
Dave

Hey folks!

I am already booked to be in Atlanta 6 times in 2016. Will try my best to lurk about and see if one of the dates falls into a time I am there.