Dinner In The OC - 1/31?

My wife are going to be out from the East Coast spending a long weekend in Dana Point. Hoping that some of the Southern California berserkers might be up for having dinner and cracking a few good bottles that weekend. I promise we will bring something epic!

Jud, I would be interested. What location are you thinking about and the date is key, as one date is a Friday and the other a Sunday.

Frank - we will be staying at Dana Point, will have car so flexible on location. I have revised the dates to reflect Friday and Saturday- my bad on the original title. It would be great to meet you!

Can make that happen.

lots of places to pop the corks.

Plenty of good targets to eat out this way, Jud. Things like budget, ambience and food type all will help you make some decisions, as well as how far you want to go in order to do the dinner. Just let us know what support you need, buddy.

Date dependent Lisa and I are interested

Maybe a German restaurant, so you can try the cuisine? neener

Would prefer to keep it within half an hour, 45 minute drive if we could. Very open on food, both in terms of style and budget - not a huge fan of stuffy or formal service, but think of that usually being more of an east coast issue than a California one! We have done wine dinners ranging from lobster shacks and pizza parlors to multi course tasting menus paired with our wines at 4 star restaurants - much more about getting to meet some wine lovers and share some great bottles than where we do it. If you guys have a place that is your favorite to meet and have dinner together, that would be perfect!

If Arnie & Lisa can do it…so can we! Keep me in the loop!

Cheers!
Marshall champagne.gif

I am interested as well.

Lisa and George are a “maybe”, won’t know til early January.

George, hope to see you soon, man. Been a while.

BTW, I am sick that #10 is down again. pileon

Jud, looks like we need to first vet for ‘how many’ before we can suitably pick ‘where’. You got good interest here and so the crowd size will dictate the choices. My wife is down with coming and I presume we’re doing couples here, as well as singles, yes?

I’m potentially in, but would be single as one of us has to cover the kids…

I agree! I can’t promise any Ducks given that Bryan is now in Montreal and Saku will be in MN (I think), but there is always Porkfest 2015!!

I can live for 3-4 weeks, could have been SO much worse!! Can’t believe we have the crazy Russian back…

Anywho, hope to see you and Dr. Murray soon!

Yes - couples would be great so my wife isn’t the only woman among a bunch of berserkers!

Jud there is a good group here in the “OC” so I think you’ll have an epic evening no matter where you go. I wish I could come but I hear the siren sound of Hawaii calling that week.

Playground???

Dietz, Playground has that community table that can I think seat quite a few people but we also have the 2 hour max rule, unless you want to play “you know who I am card” with them and see what you can swing with them.

They are staying in Dana Point, why plan something all the way up in Santa Ana?? Because it is more convenient for Jim? neener

I was thinking of Marshall, Diana, Arnie and Lisa, actually Todd-meister. It’s the holiday season.