Mike on Tour---NYC November 7, White Rhones

OK, I think I’ll go ahead with posting the OL announcement at this point. Although I’d love to have a focus on white rhones, I’m quite open to other suggestions. Hope some people will be free that Friday night. (p.s., doubt I’ll be in town in time for lunch, I’m driving from Boston the day before).

Mike

I should be able to join.

Only have one bottle to offer up though, an 04 Beaucastel blanc vv.

Happy to take lead again on setting up a restaurant.

I would like to join in and I am open to theme and location.
Mike it looks like you will have a fine reception during your long weekend visit in New York.

I might be able to make this…venue? And I love the idea…

Venue still tbd, will depend in how many we have to find somewhere byo friendly on a Friday night.

I’m trying, Margie. The goal on any Tour is to have zero nights without wonderful food, wine and conversation–makes up for my near-teetotaling ways the rest of the time.

Josh (and others?), thanks again for offering to find a place. I’ve had happy experiences at all of Mad 11, Tabla, Landmarc, X2O, Soul Flavors (in Jersey City), Grand Sichuan…

believe it or not, I haven’t been to P.D.H even once. Just a thought, though not sure how well the food would go with the white rhone idea.

A bientot,

Mike

Hi Folks,

I made a reservation for 8 people at 6:30pm (as a placeholder) at Colicchio and Sons. Ryan is usually quite byo friendly as long as we also pick up a few bottles from the list.

I took a looks at the list and they have some nice aged rayas blanc as rayas pignan blanc from the 90’s that are reasonably priced and on theme.

The food tally usually runs around $100-$125 all in with tax and tip however. If we were to also picked a few bottles off the list it would probably add another $50 per person (although if someone didn’t have a bottle and wanted to put money towards buying from the list the split would be different).

Let me know your thoughts on location and cost. The food is very good in my opinion and the service is second to none.

PDH, is all in at around $65.00 per person with no corkage…Just saying

Suggesting Tolani. Below from the thread of our girls night out, held at Tolani, on Oct 16 hosted by Nola …

Located on the upper west side, Amsterdam Ave 79/80th, the corkage EVERY NIGHT of the week is $0 with a $44 food minimum per person. I confirmed that it holds for Friday nights. We were very happy with the food.

Sure, happy with either choice. I can cancel the res at colicchio. I wold prefer trying tolani over pdh but can do whatever the group prefers.

For now I’m holding a reservation for 7:30 at Tolani. If we end up there, I am happy to finalize the arrangements.
The final time can be whatever works best for the group.

OK, that sounds good Margie—thanks. If Nola liked it, I know I will too :slight_smile: 7:30 or 8 pm would be good for me, as I’m transiting from Boston that day. I may want to hold a space for a guest, need to check with her.

Thanks for this, everyone. BTW, I’m toting along a Clos St. Jean 2011 as a contribution, and I may see if I can somehow scratch up one of Chapoutier’s Coufis de Paille dessert Viognier wines…we’ll see.

I’m landing in Newark at 7:45. Any chance I can join for mat juice?

If you can get in from there, Craig, it would be fantastic to see you again. How long are you in the area for? I’m open to pushing to 8:30 pm e.g. if we can accommodate Craig a little better…though I still think it would be at least 9:30 pm before he could join us, right?

Even if he walked off the plane and into a private car on the runway with no traffic at all coming into the city on a Friday night it wouldn’t be before 8:30 getting to the upper west side. I would have to say that 9:30 is more realistic.

I think 9:30 is probably the best case.

Those who haven’t met Craig, he’s a worthy addition to any group [grin.gif]

My wife and I would love to join if there is room.

Would love to have you both, David—will that be OK, Margie?

Let’s start getting some wines up, gang. See you all in less than a week :slight_smile:

Mike

Terrific, and I’ve been looking forward to meeting the Northport contingent. Our house growing up was a 2 minute walk to Northport Harbor, which was always a great escape during teenage years.