Dinner with Chris Ringland this Sunday in SF (update: lots of room)

If you are (1) in the SF Bay Area or able to travel to the Bay Area this coming Sunday Oct. 26 6:45 pm dinner, AND (2) you are on the annual list for this wine, or are an intense Ringland fan, may you PM me? Chris accepted my invite. I’ve liked him since I briefly met him 15-plus years ago.

(My latest Ringland anecdote: I opened the 2002 of this in August among many great wines at a friend’s house party and everyone who got a pour fell in love with it in a romantic way. One woman from Russia, with a fine palate, walked around in her beautiful exotic gown hugging the empty bottle. If you like it, it has that effect on people, and does on me. If you hate all Shiraz, I understand why, I hate half of the ones that are sold in the US.)

Edited to add: you certainly don’t have to bring a $500 bottle of Ringland to attend.

While my wife & I will be in SF Sunday and do love Shiraz the American cost of Ringland’s best force us to be voyeurs. If we lived in Singapore though…

Glenn got any syrah with you?

George - I packed our Wine Chest Sunday and I’m not sure which six reds are in there besides some aged, non-first Bordeaux and something young to sip in the room over a few days.

I might have an older Arnot-Roberts in there?

You and the missus are in if you want to be and that might fill the table. Chris Ringland, you two, me, two guys from my wine group.

Glenn can only stop by. Two seats still open.

Update: restaurant offers us private room. Unlimited space. Cost: whatever you order plus corkage. Not an event, just a dinner.

Extraordinarily generous of George to let Melinda & I crash this amazing tasting. Heartfelt thanks sir.

I do not envy how y’all must be feeling right now. State Bird had nothing on Millennium last night!