Falltacular 2015--Sat, 2/21 @ My OC Pad...FINAL DETAILS POSTED (Page 7)

Hello everyone. I wanted to get out ahead and announce the date, share some basic info and some good news, all in support of the 2015 event. With 2015, we will be at this for 10 years, as the first two years lacked a charity focus and so really the last 8 years now raising money for Laura’s House.

I was told recently that our collective efforts have raised close to $200,000 for the charity to this point. Even that # astounded me, as I really had no idea we had made such a deep financial impact. As a testament to all of your dedicated Falltacular support, from our front door donations and garage silent auction efforts, to the winemakers and their consistent donations to support us for so many years, we have some good news.

Attached is a photo, taken a few months back, showing my wife standing in front of the recently opened re-sale store in South OC, where donations of all kind are sold to raise money for the charity. As Brig Campbell (a fellow WB and someone who donates his own time to the store regularly) can tell you, this was a key moment. This new, second store is raising fresh cash, with items that are beyond the typical thrift store feel: it’s sharply designed and warm inside, with a sense of class and care, to include the items being sold, all of which are again donations. The point here is that our collective efforts have helped raise the cash to get this second store opened and so I share this photo with you out of my own gratitude for all that has been done.
20140828_171108.jpg
So, next steps? Mark the date, decide if you can attend. We raised close to $20,000 last year, and if you want to refresh on last year’s success, see the links below. In addition, I also have pasted the FAQ as a link, so that new folks or those wishing to have questions answered can view the FAQ and see what the event is all about. You can of course post questions here and I will reply to them.

2014 info from the Offline Planner >>>> Falltacular 2014--This Saturday, 2/22 @ Noon. FINAL DETAILS POSTED - Event Planner - Online or Offline - WineBerserkers

2014 TNs from the Wine Forum >>>> TNs--FALLTACULAR 2014 - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

FAQ >>>> Dropbox - File Deleted (it’s a safe link, don’t worry).

We will do the Friday AM golf outing again before the event, as well as the Friday night BYOB dinner. And, the cool after party for the devoted, which of course will chocked full of Blanc de Blancs and craft beers.

Thank you for reading about the event, and the most important part, for helping me support Laura’s House–it’s because of them we do this work. Here is their link >>>> http://www.laurashouse.org/

Sure would like to do this. Hopefully I can pull the right strings!

Count us in - Sal and Nancy. Been there for 99.9% of the happenings. We know the drill!

Looks good so far…

Amazing, over $200k!

Kudos to Frank and Dr. Jill for helping such a worthy cause. Laurie and I will be at Falltacular for sure.

Glad to help the cause.

Count me in. Golf, BYO etc.

1 Like

The new San Juan Capistrano store is on fire. It’s a great location (next to Marshall’s and a Ralphs) so lots of traffic and as soon as they finish the Ortega Highway construction it should pick up even more.

I don’t speak for Laura’s House but I’ve heard numerous times people mention how important “Frank’s wine thingy” is and he was recognized for those efforts recently at the LH Gala event. I’m fairly certain they think we’re all completely off our rockers. They’re probably right.

Big shout out to all the wineries that MAKE Falltacullar what it has become, a fabulously entertaining day and REALLY moving the needle regarding domestic violence. Good work people.

Wouldn’t miss it!

Franktacular is awesome, I wouldn’t miss it.

Count me in for Friday night and Saturday, Mr. Roman Numeral.

JoAnn and are in again. JoAnn is busy knitting wine carriers for the auction.

Gale and I will be there. Hope we can schedule golf again.

Silk

Screw golf. Let’s organize a hunting party and break brush in the hills behind Frank’s house?

I’m not sure on logistics but I have a la caja china whole pig roaster. It could probably hold two(?) of the Clos Pepe lambs? Wes owes me.
CPsheep.jpg

I’m going to try to make it down for this one!

Come hell or high water I need to make this one.

Thanks a bunch for setting the date, Frank. Right now that weekend looks like a go so I should be able to come out with latest sweater. Will keep u posted. I mean, who will get the TN thread up without me? [wow.gif] grouphug

Greetings from China! Diana and I are in!

Cheers!
Marshall :wink:

Hope the trip is going well!

This was so much fun last year that I am giving it serious thought again - - - and this year I am forewarned about the BYOF so if I can make it, I will bring “The World’s Greatest Brisket with Mole Sauce and Caramelized Onions” or “Jay’s Special Oxymoron Sandwiches - Smoked Pulled Pork on a Challah Roll.”

If Jay brings either of those, I’m booking my ticket NOW. I have been lucky enough to consume both offerings and my tastebuds still water.

Matter of fact, I plan to do some cooking as well and may come over the day before for prep :wink:

We do hope as many of you that want to come are able to have the time and opportunity to come on down. I know it’s not an easy ride on some days, coming to the South OC, especially if you live in Nor Cal or LA (heck, coming from LA is sometimes as arduous a trip as coming from Nor Cal!). If you’re on the fence, take a look at the comments or enthusiasm from those who have attended previous years (many who continue to come year after year once jumping in).

For those who will be able to attend, for the afterparty this year, I will be keeping a theme top of mind, which is champagne and craft beer. If we look at last year, that was a gas, as we must have had close to 40 people in the kitchen area at 8PM when the craft beer and bubbly started to get opened. This year, I will get ahead of things, we’ll get the Thai food ordered before hand and have it timed for delivery. I will make a call out for folks to pack a bottle of champagne and/or craft beer. We’ll then be ready for the after piece and just flow right into it.

I’ll be asking for checks to be mailed in December so stay tuned, and as with past years, tell new peole about the event. Like with Arnie Caplan, Eldon Gath, Mark Jones and many others, it is all of your help that has grown the event with new people every year. In part, this is why we raised the amount of money we did last year, a record of $20,000. I will maintain and continue my practice of making sure I know everyone that attends, which means all new people get a personal call from me well in advance of the event. We vet everyone who attends, no exceptions.

Thanks again, look forward to talking with you all soon.