Tentative Las Vegas Oct 22 or 23 - Lotus of Siam? Chada?

I might be road tripping to Vegas for a day, either Oct 22 or 23, and wondered if anyone might be interested in a Lotus of Siam offline, since I’ve (GASP!) never been there!!

It appears they are now open only for dinner, is that correct? if so, I’d have to make it at the earliest possible timeframe (5:30) because I will most likely not be staying overnight…

that’s really tempting. i might be in Victorville area around that time.

if you haven’t been to LoS, it’s worth the trip. Chada Thai (Bank’s new place) is also fabulous albeit completely different.

Likely 22nd - is LoS open for lunch, or not at all anymore? I’m just not looking forward to eating dinner then driving 4 hours home afterward!

Have they ever been open for lunch?

I loved Chada. Smaller portions. And you have Bank to choose your wine.

Both are in lovely shopping centers. Chada in Chinatown. POS in an even more unappealing location.

Yeah. They used to have a lunch buffet. Dunno if they still do.

I might be available for this; would like to meet some Berserkers in person. LOS did have the lunch buffet; not sure if they still do; have not been back since Bank left. One advantage to going in the daylight is that there is less likelihood of getting caught in a gang shootout in the parking lot. There have been some.

Hahaha. I remember the first time I took my wife there. When we pulled into the parking lot she said, “Where are you taking me!” And the tone told me she meant “Where in the f*ck are you taking me!”

Open for lunch weekdays only. They still have the buffet, which I wouldn’t eat if it was free.

Sadly, I’m out of town that day.

Looks like we’re set for the 22nd at 12:30 (they have lunch, just not buffet, which apparently is a very, very good thing) - Joe Hauck is setting up the reservation, so let us know if you can make it

i’m in town for work that week, but won’t be available for lunch. enjoy guys!

Todd: I’m going to have to bail, too; have to be at work that day; was looking forward to finally meeting some Berserkers in person. To soften the blow, I went to Chada last night and treated myself to a Donnhoff kabinett and ZH gewurtz!

I’m only two hours away. I can make it. The full menu is available for lunch. On the downside, the wine list has diminished and corkage is $25.

Seriously??? $25??

Joe Hauck - got any hookups there to lower that ridiculous corkage? Should we consider a different restaurant?

Go to Chada. Bank will waive corkage.

Definitely no lunch at Chada… so…

I was at LOS a while ago and I couldn’t find a single waiter I knew. I asked to speak to the manager and told him I’d never been charged corkage going back nearly 15 years to when LOS was relatively unknown. I pointed out photos on the wall of our offlines there. He still charged me $25. The food is still great, and I continue to eat there, but I order beer now. I hope Joe has some juice, mine’s squeezed out.

Or we find another place…?

Not like the old days when we would show up with 20 bottles and not be charged a penny. Are you coming, Bob?

Then let’s go elsewhere! I only suggested LoS because I’ve never been there, but it doesn’t sound like it’s the same restaurant it was in the old days anyway, so let’s change the venue if needed