Mike on Tour--NYC November 10---L'Apicio--Mike meets Mike---AV Pinots

After a PM exchange with the one and only Senor Pobega, he’s indicated that he’d be willing and able for a Monday night get-together. I could wish for nothing more to finish this session of the NYC visit of Mike on Tour. Mike’s now expressed an interest in Anderson Valley Pinot, so I’d be happy to source something to bring for that…or we could just do Cab :slight_smile:

I’m in.

:slight_smile:

I can bring Pinot or Cab too! (Pinot AND Cab too!)

lol

I am down for this theme.

Does this replace the original idea of a white Rhone theme you had mentioned via pm or is this yet another event?

Yet another event, me boy. Let’s plan on the white Rhone theme for the 7th tentatively, but let me check in with my cousins to make sure.

Mike, how early d’you think we’d be able to run dinner on the Monday? 5:30? 6 pm?

Sounds good. I should be in for both.

sure. you setting up or would you like me to?

I’ll need/ask you to do it, you know where everything is in the city. I’m just a tourist :slight_smile:, but keep it on this thread, and when you choose I’ll edit the title thread with place and time details. Thanks a bunch, Mike.

Josh has offered to grab the reins. it seems he has a great venue. He will update. Should be fun.

We can do L’Apicio.

I have done a number of dinners there including one earlier this week with fellow board members.

Monday night is no corkage so should be good for the group. Depending on the turn out we can either done a la carte in the main dining room (if less than 10) or get a private room and do a broader family style menu.

Just let me know who is in and I will set it up.

Thanks
Josh

bump

I was planning to pobega a cab with pobega, but I can join Mike meets Mike :wink:

Sounds like a good plan. I can do the 10th also.

I would be interested. I could bring Anthill, Cabot, Copain, Rhys, Peay… Whatever works and fills a void.

All right, let’s lock in this show. It’ll be AV Pinot. Many thanks, Josh, for sourcing the restaurant. Can we try for 6 pm?

At the moment, I’ve put aside a 2009 Littorai Roman Pinot, but I might source something else between now and then.

Me – 2009 Littorai Roman Vineyard
Mike Pobega – 2012 Wilde Farms Donnelly
Josh Boyd – 2012 Drew Morning Dew Ranch
Josh Kurek – 2007 Anthill Abbey Harris or ____ Rhys Bearswallow
Alex Nicholas – 2009 Williams-Selyem Ferrington
Steve Eisenhauer – 2005 Littorai Cerise
Erez Lencnar – ____ Rhys ____
Tom Rippe – 2010 Cabot Nash Mill
Jay Hack – 2004 Copain Hacienda Secoya
Rebecca Schenk-- SQN In the Abstract
Eric Michels – 2010 Copain Les Voisins

Thanks and looking forward to it!

Mike

Should be fun.
Please put me down for this: 2009 Black Kite Pinot Noir River Turn
Please add me a plus 1

Will have the restaurant hold 10-12 on the reservation for us. 6pm won’t be a problem for the restaurant but I may be a few minutes late.

If we are > 10 people we will end up with a pre set family style meal, we can coordinate on a menu in advance. If 10 or less we can so a la carte.

As for wines, only AV Pinot I have are rhys Bearwallow or anthill abbey Harris. Have multiple vintages of each. Also have a few other non Anderson valley that might be a good comparison to bring in addition.

Thanks Josh. I’d love to try a Bearswallow if old enough, one of the vineyards I haven’t had from Rhys. Any Antill is usually a plus. If it’s me, I’d very much like to keep it to the AVA—would be an excellent chance for me to do a cross-sectional in advance of a hoped-for visit there next April/May.

Thanks again for taking lead dog position on organizing, it is much appreciated.

Add me to the list… please…Pinot…Not sure Pobega can deal with those Cali Pinots

Sounds like we are 10 right now. restaurant has confirmed availability and I have held space for 12. We can definitely do more if we want, they will hold a private space for us.

Looking through cellar tracker I didn’t realize how much Anderson Valley wines I had. Since you are the guest - which strikes your fancy.

Anthill Abbey Harris or Demuth 2009
Cabot - Nash Mill 2010
Copain en Bas and En Haute Kiser 2009
Copain Monument Tree 2009
Peay Savoy Vineyard 2011
Rhys Bearswallow - 2008 - 2011
Selyem Ferrington Vineyard - 2009