Anaheim - West of West Orange County - November 8

Place: Honda Terrace Events Center, Anaheim. Free parking.

Time: Early entree VIP (a special wine to be poured by each winery this hour only): 10:00-11:00 AM. Grand Tasting for all other guests and VIPs is 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

Wineries pouring: 31 wineries who are members of the West Sonoma Coast Vintners including names like Lynmar, Cobb, DuMOL, Littorai, MacPhail, Peay, Failla, Martinelli, Hirsch, Soliste. They will be pouring Pinot, Chardonnay and maybe a few surprises.

Food: 7 top wine-oriented OC restaurants + the Wolfgang Puck restaurant at the Honda Center will be serving Pinot-friendly bites - there will be plenty of food! Other eats as well including Pinot-infused donuts and Pinot-infused chocolates (using West Sonoma Coast Pinot!)

Entertainment: A somm challenge organized by Charlie Palmer’s staff. Meet and greet with the Wine Dudes. Music (DJ). Photo booth. Subzero and Celebrity Cruises will each have a special lounge. Anaheim Ducks cheerleaders. And more!

Everyone goes home with an engraved glass and a special gift bag filled with goodies.

Tickets are limited. Presale discount until October 14.

Checked some cost details. Wish I was a baller and could make this.

Ticket Information
10:00 am VIP Early Access
11:00am–2:00 pm Grand Tasting & Entertainment

Ticket Type Sales End Price Fee
VIP Early Access + Grand Tasting Nov 8, 2014 $200.00 $11.99
Presale Grand Tasting Oct 14, 2014 $150.00 $9.24
Presale For Two- Grand Tasting Nov 8, 2014 $275.00 $16.12
General Grand Tasting Nov 8, 2014 $175.00 $10.62
General For Two- Grand Tasting Nov 8, 2014 $325.00 $18.87

Yikes! I was excited to see Jay’s post, as we were not able to make the 2014 WoW event in Sebastopol after having a great time at the 2013 fest. Thought the WoW Sebastopol grand tasting price was on the high side at $125, but $150-$175 for the road-show makes this a no-go for me. Google search indicates the 2014 Chicago WoW event was $55, while the 2013 NY road show event was $100.

Cheers,

Steve

Ouch, I was just set to go to the website, but unfortunately not at those prices.

A bit more info:
Schedule:

10:00am-11:00am VIP Early Access

11:00am–2:00 pm Grand Tasting & Entertainment

Entertainment includes an exciting Sommelier Challenge between Orange County’s top sommeliers, hosted by Next Vintage Wine Shop at Charlie Palmer; delicious gourmet tastings from Chef Jojo Doyle of Grand Terrace at Honda Center, Chef Saekyong Kim of Charlie Palmer, Chef David Shofner of Wineworks for Everyone, Chef Alex Dale from Sealegs Wine Bar, Chef Andrew Sutton from Carthay Circle, Chef Imran Ali from Tamarind of London and more restaurants to be announced!

Also enjoy specialty lounges by Sub-Zero Wolf and Celebrity Cruises; nibbles and desserts by Bread Artisan Bakery, OC Donut Bar and Keurig; music and photo ops; and a lively Q&A session/live podcast with Orange Coast’s resident wine bloggers, The Wine Dudes!

Tickets:

VIP Early Access + Grand Tasting: $200 each

Only 100 available for purchase online.

Presale Grand Tasting: $150 each/$275 for two

Limited availability; Purchase online before Oct. 14th.

General Grand Tasting: $175 each/$325 for two

Purchase online between Oct. 15th–Nov. 8th.

Gate price: $200 each

Available at check-in; credit card only.

Tickets include one complimentary parking pass and a one-year subscription to Orange Coast magazine.*

Wine and food tastings included in admission.

Guests must be 21 years of age or older to attend.

A note from Rusty Gaffney:
This is the first West of West Orange County Wine Festival (to be held Saturday, November 8, at the Grand Terrace event venue at Honda Center in Anaheim). I chose to partner with Orange Coast magazine as the major sponsor and organizer, and they have spent an inordinate amount of effort to make this event a success. 31 of California’s greatest producers of Pinot Noir from the West Sonoma Coast will arrive to pour, and test our interest and gauge our passion for fine wine. These are among the greatest winemakers in the world! The success of this event will have a lasting impact on the viability of future wine events in Orange County.

This is not your typical Orange County wine and food event where a few name, corporate wineries are pouring easily obtainable wines. The pinot noirs and chardonnays poured at this West of West Orange County Wine Festival are considered by wine cognoscenti to be the best that California currently has to offer. You can argue for Sta. Rita Hills or Santa Lucia Highlands or even Russian River Valley, but the truth is the most highly awarded and widely praised cool-climate wines come from the West Sonoma Coast. You can’t buy these wines at local retail stores for the most part because they are made in very small lots and highly allocated. It is rare to just be able to taste them.

I urge you to come to this event. I guarantee that it will be unlike any other wine event you have attended in Orange County. Meet the winemakers from West Sonoma County, taste over 100 extraordinary pinot noirs and chardonnays, enjoy the cuisine from ten of Orange County’s finest wine-centered restaurants including The Winery, Charlie Palmer’s and Wineworks For Everyone, and revel in the bonhomie of wine lovers. Relax in lounges sponsored by Sub-Zero/Wolf and Celebrity Cruises, indulge in Pinot Noir infused desserts by OC Donut Bar and gourmet coffee from Keurig, be entertained by a music DJ and the Anaheim Ducks cheerleaders, and catch a memory of the event at the photo booth. The Grand Terrace at Honda Center is a spacious, modern and inviting new venue that is excited about hosting their first wine tasting event.

Since I helped in a very small way to get this even off the ground, I was given a special code to that knocks of $85. I was only given 12 of these tickets so first come first served. Email me for code, and don’t pass it to others!

Grabbed 2 tickets for this. Thanks for the code Jay. Look forward to seeing you there.

My pleasure. I have used up my allocation however someone let it slip that they allocated a total of 100 discounted tickets for wineries mailing list members and friends/family of OCM. Once they are gone, that’s it. So I am figuring why not make it public? Code for $85 off is OCMFRFAM . Not good for VIP/Early entry