NYC October 16th

I am heading to NYC on the 16th of October and would love to get together and see some of my friends and drink some wines. I will be in town for a trade event that is from 1-4pm and I am finished after that. Heading back to Dayton in the morning.

Hi Nola, I can probably make this. Would be great to touch base! Any idea where it will be?

I have a good friend who is the new executive chef at Tolani http://tolaninyc.com/. I think there’s a possibility we could meet up there, but I am open for suggestions too.

New executive chef at Tolani? Now that’s interesting. I used to do a lot of wine dinners there but it seemed that with each dinner the price kept creeping up. When was the last time you were there? It’s been a couple years mellow for me.

Actually, I’ve not been there. Juan was there I believe in the summer while I was in Spain. I have heard it is good though. I am open to suggestions.

I’m not saying it’s a bad place, only that past management was getting antsy in prices. Not even sure if the same people are running it. I’d be very interested in hearing your thoughts–I may want to go back.

[inquisition.gif]

Ugh. Sorry dear, but I have to give a three hour seminar of cyber security and banking to the Independent Banker’s Association on the 16th in Rochester so it does not look like I will be able to see you this time.

I would love to be in the City to meet up, will be at a beer event that evening…

Double Bummer!! [cry.gif]

Finally met Nola and Juan this past weekend—lots of fun and great people. Hope you lot in NYC will have a chance to climb on this OL…sorry I’ll be a few weeks behind you, m’dear :slight_smile:

Mike

Would like to join you but can’t do the 16th. 14 and15 are open if things change.

Hi Nola! Did you decide where you’ll be on the 16th? I’m in town for the Zachy’s auction and some of the NYC WFF events. But I’ll have some free time that evening. Would be great to meet up!

Yes, I will be at Tolani Wine Bar. 410 Amsterdam Ave. NY, NY 10024. My friend Ed, is trying to work out a deal on corkage for us.
How does 7ish sound?

Five blocks from my apartment, not bad! See you there. Will PM you contact info so you can let me know if anything changes

That changes everything. I’m minutes away too, and I will change my plans to make it on the 16th. Hopefully there is still room. I will also PM you contact info, etc.

That’s great!
The owner has agreed to waive corkage for us if we agreed to spend $40 per person on food. Normally corkage is $20. I think menu prices are in the range of $7 to $15 for small plates like Tapas. Sounds like it’s going to be a good time!

Stanton, who owns Tolani, is a very agreeable chap… he has been friendly to the wine world since the old days at Sojourn on the east side. The food is quite good and what they pour is pretty well selected as well. Place is a regular haunt of mine

I love the business and pleasure combination of these events.
FYI I moved to West 82nd St and Amsterdam in 1984. Only recently am i now in the Lincoln Center area, so thank you for keeping it in the neighborhood. I walk past there several times a week, but haven’t gone in since the location changed hands.

Is there a theme for the wine to bring?
Also, can I do a plus 1 or 2?

Margie Russell
mrussell@nyarm.com

Theme: Wines that “Don’t Suck”, which will on my part include some of mine!!
+1 +2 is fine. Still planning on 7ish!

Thank you Nola for a terrific girls night out. Wine, Women, and the Upper West Side.
And I’ve started the process with my venues to have your wines served at my events.

As for the company, 100+.

Gabrielle Leonhard, O’Connell Family Wines
Mardi-Ellen Hill, Mend Universe Buzz
Margie Russell, NY Association of Realty Managers
Nola Palomar, Veleta Wines
Robin Stark, Starkland Cellars