Washington DC Makoto Bubbly Dinner: 10/26 or 11/2

venue is makoto in DC

dinner will be $100pp +tax/tip, 8 or 9 course japanese kaiseki cuisine, the restaurant will prepare a special course to cater to the bubbles. they are waiving corkage.
by the way: it is customary to tip the chef and the staff separately (according to the contact who’s helping arrange this event)

trying to organize a dinner at makoto, which is widely considered to be the finest japanese food in DC, and from what i’ve read has a menu that can offer a wide variety of interesting pairings to the bubbles. rules of the gathering are that each attendee must bring at least one bottle of bubbles, and additional bottles of other wines are purely optional. also must declare at least the bubbles a week in advance of the gathering.

note: this idea first came from the wine.woot board, so first dibs for dates belong to the members to that board. the restaurant is willing to host a party of 8 per night. if you’re interested, let me know what night works for you and if you have any dietary restrictions.

looks like the wine.woot group likes 11/2 for now…
still a few spots open…
i’m either bringing a 03/04 cristal or 99 salon

if beserkers want to do 10/26 i’m down with having dinner there two weekends in a row

so… this finally happened :slight_smile:
awesome meal, top notch service, very fun evening all around.

what we drank:

M&C Dom P '69
M&C Dom P '90
Shramsburg reserve 2005 x2
Krug NV
Roederer L’Ermitage 2005 mag
Iron Horse Joy mag
Wellington Victory 2005
Wellington Victory 2006
Morris Shiraz Durif sparkling NV
Opus One 2009 (Gift from restaurant!)
Domaine De L’hemniere Touraine 2013
Pillitteri Sparkling Icewine 2003
Raymond-Lafon Suternes 2008

not bad for 10 people on a school night!