Phoenix 9/29-10/2: Anyone around?

Business trip. Staying at the Sheraton downtown (3rd St). Would love to see folks.

Always down for a meetup. Great beer and live music choices near your hotel, and a pretty good BYOB sushi spot uptown a few miles as well. Let me know what you have in mind.

Given that I know nothing about Phoenix, was just hoping to meet a few folks. Happy to do wine or cocktails/craft beer. Tuesday/Wednesday likely better days.

Wed works best for me. I will be downtown for the Blitzen Trapper show, and can meet before. If you are a music fan, let me know and I can grab you a ticket.

There’s great Pizza (Cibo - 5th Ave and Fillmore), Beer + Pub Grub (Angel’s Trumpet Ale House - 2nd St and Garfield) or Bar + American Food (Vig Fillmore 5th Ave and Fillmore) within a mile of your hotel.

If there’s interest to do this away from downtown to up the numbers (the few Phx folks on WB live in the suburbs), please chime in.

I may be traveling for work, but if I’m around I could swing by for a bit.

Would love to join in if possible. If Wednesday I may show up a little late. You guys work it out and I’ll do my best to be there.

Hey guys,

Whatever works (I’m on a bit of a cocktail kick lately if that makes a difference) is fine with me.

Wednesday is good. My work day ends about 5:30, so a 7:00 PM start can work fine for me.

Any of these places listed allow BYO? Should I bother checking something?

Can everyone (besides me and David) make 7pm 10/1 downtown?

David - BYO in AZ is only legal in a resto w/o a liquor license. There is a very good sushi place ~5 miles north of downtown that is BYO, but that’s all I would recommend downtown. Other places exist in Scottsdale, which may be more convenient for others, so I would wait until they chime in. As for cocktails, Bitter and Twisted is a good choice downtown as well.

Whatever place works for you is fine with me. Pick a spot, give me the address, and I will be there at 7 PM. :slight_smile:

I will PM you my cell number and email as well.

I probably can’t get down there until around 8:30 or so but if you guys are planning on hanging around for awhile I’ll stop by for the tail end. Would be great to meet you David and catch up with the others as well.

I can certainly hang until 10 or so.

By the way - any decent wine shops downtown? Need something for a dinner at a friend’s house another night.

Let’s do Bitter and Twisted, at 7pm on Wed:

1 West Jefferson
Phoenix, AZ, 85003
602-340-1924

I will shoot you my contact info as well.

Unfortunately, no. Closest spots would be Duck and Decanter (16th St. and Camelback) or The Wine Store (32nd St. and Camelback). Neither are great, but D&D can have some interesting selections.

There is also a Total Wine on 16th and Camelback.

Bitter and Twisted it is!

I won’t be able to make it this time. Have fun!