Mike on Tour---Metlife Stadium Tailgate November 9--Northern Rhone

OK, this will be the first official OL thread for the upcoming Mike on Tour. Jay Hack and I have been bouncing ideas around and I’d like to do this, as I don’t get too much opportunity to taste through Cornas, Cote Rotie, St. Joseph, Hermitage, etc. Hope we can rustle a few people up…and that the weather cooperates of course.

I will look for some green gear. [grin.gif] I know my peril in wearing anything else.

Mike

Post your interest and wines. We will take care of food. If you want to bring food, we can cook it. Flannery beef always appreciated. We will have a well-fired grill. I can cook almost anything on a Weber Kettle. I’m thinking grilled lamb for the syrah plus home made pizzas. I have also cooked everything from Jambalaya to wild mushroom risotto in the parking lot. In a pinch I can also bring a propane stove. We will be there from 9 am to 12:30, when we will pack up to go into the game.

Parking Lot Stanchion G2 near the Metlife Gate on the North side of the Stadium. Attendance at game optional. Stadium can be reached by train, but you can’t park anywhere near us without a GREEN parking pass and you can’t park on the Stadium grounds without some parking pass or other.

Stems - depends on how picky you are and how many people there will be. I will bring my Martha Stewart Specials and My NY Jets logo “O’s”.

+1 for Flannery beef–us poor Canadians so seldom get to taste it! Doing the whole trip by car, I’ll likely pack some all-purpose stems myself…a few, anyway.

I may do a bit of shuttling with my other friend John’s tailgate group, and may bring him over to meet everyone briefly as well. That is yet to be determined, but he taught me the J-E-T-S Jets, Jets, Jets chant, so he’s one of you!

Bump. I know the team sucks, but that just means we have to have a better tailgate.

Mike is bringing a Cote Rotie. I am bringing a Cayuse syrah. Food includes grilled marinated leg of lamb heavy on the garlic, Pittsburgh Permanti sandwiches with fresh French Fries made in the parking lot, grilled pork tenderloin, duck breast prosciutto and who knows what else. Anyone else interested?

Tailgated with Jay and the gang a couple of years ago and they really know how to do it up right. Great end to a Berserker weekend. You will have a great time Mike, and you will hear a lot of this, J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets!!

First you Jets fans swipe the Primanti sandwich, then you beat my Steelers! I hope your wine was corked!

I’m just crying for you. We tried to get people to join in the “Let’s Go Rapistberger” chant but they were more focused on the dog killer.