San Francisco Tuesday the 16th

Last minute business in San Francisco next week. I arrive on Tuesday @ 4:00 and I’m free for dinner. Looking for one to three people to pop some corks. Anybody interested?

I’m interested. The only caveat is that my work schedule can be unpredictable, so I may get out any time between 5-7 PM and I may not know until I’m actually able to leave. Most days it’s on the earlier side of that window though.

Ashish, that’s fine. I probably wouldn’t be able to make anything before 6 anyway. Any suggestions for venue and what you’d like to drink? My cellar is fairly broad…

Pasion is in the inner sunset, so it isn’t exactly close to downtown but they have excellent spanish type food. It would probably be a 15-20 minutes drive/Lyft/Uber or a 20-30 minute MUNI ride from downtown Market street, which is where I assume you are likely staying. I think they charge $20 for corkage. Commonwealth is in the Mission and has excellent food, more upscale but well priced, and I think their corkage runs roughly the same. Reservations may be slightly tricky, though hopefully we would be able to get them on a Tuesday. Or if you have a place you like, that would work too.

My home cellar is very limited, and I won’t be able to get to the offsite by Tuesday, so here’s what I have on hand:
1995 Les Forts de Latour
2005 Launois Special Club Champagne
2003 Pontet Canet
2003 Sociando Mallet
2003 Troplong Mondot
2004/1999 Rieussec (halves)

I’m happy to bring any of it, so let me know what you would want to try. I drink broadly but tend to prefer old world. Feel free to pair whatever you think would complement well!

Pasion sounds good. How about a little Sociando vertical? I’ll bring the 2000 and a 375 of the 2005. You the 2003 and whichever Rieussec you’d like to open.

Pasion is a decent restaurant. Should be easy to get in on a Tuesday.

I’d be interested in joining, but has to be after work – so 7 pm if that works for the rest of you. Let me know where and I’ll bring along a few attractive bottles. Just let me know where.

Rich, sounds good. I think we’re on for 7:00. I’m just about to go and pull some bottles. What do you think about the Sociando flight?..I have just about all of the '03’s too so we could go in that direction or I could pull some '95 Bordeaux. A white to start would be good.

I’ve made a reservation @ Pasion for 4 at 7:00.

I don’t have any Sociando, but have a nice assortment of older Bordeaux, and some white burgs worth a sniff. No reason for you to drag bottles around from Michigan, I am always happy to raid my cellar for guests.

Excellent! More friends. I stopped by and talked to the manager, since they normally have a bottle limit. We can bring as many bottles as we want, and corkage is $18, half for half bottles. See you tomorrow!