San Francisco - October 24 Dinner - Glenn and Mel in SF

OK fellow berserkers, Glenn and Mel will be in town from Oct. 22-28 (some of you might already know them). I plan to meet with them during that time, let me know if any of you are interested in joining. We will probably limit the size of the party since the places we will plan to go will probably not take very large groups, maybe 8-10 maximum. Also we will try to go on a Friday so reservations will be slightly challenging hence reserving early and your early commitment might be required.

Those who want to go to the brunch offline, please clarify and/or post in the new brunch thread.

DATE: October 24 - Friday @7 PM, try to be on time as this is a set menu only restaurant (dishes will be served in sequence)

LIST:

1. Glenn (confirmed) - 2010 Jacques-Frédéric Mugnier Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Clos de la Maréchale 1.5L
  2. Mel (confirmed) - with Glenn
  3. Joel (confirmed) - 1997 Faiveley Corton-Clos des Cortons Faiveley
  4. Mia (confirmed) - 2002 Champagne Collet Champagne Brut Millésimé
  5. Leonard Maran (confirmed) - 1975 Leoville Las Cases 1.5L
  6. Eric Ifune (confirmed) - 1987 BV Private Reserve 1.5L
  7. Alan Rath (confirmed) - Austrian Riesling
  8. Alan Rath +1 (confirmed) - white Burg
  9. Rich Frankel (confirmed) - 2007 J&S Dauvissat Chablis Vaillons and/or 2002 Lambrays’ Clos des Lambrays
  10. Richard Leland (confirmed) - 2002 Stony Hill Chardonnay

Waitlist:

VENUE: The Palace - 3047 Mission St. San Francisco, CA 94110 - b/w 26th St & Capp St. in Mission ----Please bring CASH----

We will do the 5-course tasting menu which is $50 per person. Corkage will be $15 per head but one can bring as many wines as they like. Glasses are decent but probably be best if you bring your own stems. Limit 2 glasses per person if using glasses from the restaurant (they do not have enough to give us more than that). Bring cash please.

THEME: Bring something nice to share with fellow winos.

Hey Joel, I’m interested.

Joel can you put me down as a maybe. Won’t know until late in the game.

I’d be interested.

I’m very interested.

I’m interested.

If its the 27th I should be ok

Sign me up, pending final date. I’m pretty open. Subject to Glenn’s veto, of course [wow.gif]

Wait list please

I have no human vetos, only folks I have on ignore Alan.

Mel & I are in, Oct 22-29, for a medical leadership conference (the irony, believe me I get it) and then the American College Surgeons. One dinner set at State Bird Sunday the 26th but I’m sure we will meet friends every night.

We definitely want an Oakland/Berkeley run to spend time at Rare Barrel and then Ordinaire or Shan Dong for food & Trappist for dessert!

We could do a Foreign Cinema Sunday brunch redux, or German brunch Sunday w/ beers at Suppenkuche.

Want to try bone-in Filet @ Bobo’s one night, read here the seafood is great too. Might bring a French and a California, one white/one red now how to choose?

Might do a Napa Monday or Tuesday run, downtown needs us to spend some $$ there!

Are you a cardiac surgeon? Because you might need one after that awesom week :wink:

Couple of buddies have had scares lately Alan, I’m waiting!

My 70 year old BIL is an electrocard, doesn’t slow him down eating everything, though he does keep up with exercise very well.

can I be put on the maybe/waitlist. Really depends on my work travel. yay…

Let’s definitely do a Foreign Cinema Brunch redux. That was delicious!

Oysters & Climens! We will miss Noel.

This offline is going to be a brunch?

Both, or either. Brunch obviously on the 26th.

Glenn - Check out Bar Tartine for Brunch.

We have been, it’s terrific. Any other new Mission hot spots?