NYC Monthly Wine Tasting Group

I would like to see if there is interest in forming a regular monthly wine tasting group in NYC. I know from meeting people at off lines that many belong to other groups, but would hope there are others who would like to partake or if you belong to one would want to join another one. (This will be my second one, as well).
I’d like to have a focus on old world wines, but not exclude our terrior driven wineries from the US.
I would think Monday or Tuesday evenings would work best as it is early in the week and there quite a few restaurants that would allow free corkage on slower nights as well as byob places. I know a few, and imagine that you all will know more as well.
We can discuss dates, budget, themes, who hosts, etc… when we get enough interest. I think somewhere between 8 to 12 people would work well. If there is more, then potentially a 2nd group can form.
Hope to be sharing some great wines with you all soon.

Updated List of People who are in

Alex Nicholas
Josh Kurek
Corey Miller
David Zylberberg
Margie Russell
Adam Wargo
Martin Lebwohl
Bryan Jones
Ethan & Alice Abraham

Alternate Fill-in

1. Jay Hack
  2. Brian Zamkotowicz
  3. Dan Hammer
  4. Matt Citrang

I would be in.

I’m interested.

Interested for sure.

Great to see some replies. I’ll update the original email from time to time to reflect who is in and then once we get enough can share emails and contact info and begin to coordinate.

Love to join if it is on Mondays since I teach Tuesday evenings. Thank you for this effort.

I’m also interested in joining.

I’d be interested.

Interested.

I’m interested. Would enjoy meeting some local berserkers now that I made the move from LA!

Glad this is taking shape so quickly! We have 9 and I think we can start to discuss particulars. Please PM your email. I will get an email thread out to all so we can begin to plan.

I would be interested (as would my better half)

May I sign up as an alternate? I can’t commit on a regular basis, but if for some reason you have a shortfall in any given month because some people can’t come, can I get the “First Alternate” designation and fill in if I can?

Okay folks, we have 11. There is room for one more, and then we will be maxed out.

Hi Jay, Yes, you can be the first fill-in, alternate.

I’m in the same situation as Jay, would love to be involved, but my availability tends to be a little sporadic. Would love to be involved if you ever need a fill-in though.

Okay, we’ll take 4 alternates - fill-ins. I’ll put you down for #2.

Brian and Jay, please pm your emails, so we have a contact list.

Put me down for #3.

amended. just a faux pas.

Thank you.
Margie