Dinner on night of 9/3 in Manhattan Beach area?

I want to grab an early dinner on night of 9/3 Wednesday. Say 6PM. Would love to meet up with anyone in the LA/Westside crowd and have a nice meal, some good conversation. Would like to dine here, as I don’t get up to LA much and this is very close to where I will be in the afternoon just prior. http://eatmbpost.com/

If anyone wants to join, drop a post and I’ll make a rez. Right now, just me dining as a sin-gull. [basic-smile.gif]

might be a chance i’m in torrance for work on the 3rd. if so i’ll join. Just waiting for a reply from someone to confirm the apt.

Aight I’m in. Let’s get some more ppl! ;D

Charlie, if you have some pull at MB Post, that would help as I tried to make a rez and they don’t have anything for 4 people unless we come at 515 or 900.

Looks like we’ll have to go some place else. I have to stay close by that area and make it an early dinner too as I need to get back after dinner so drop me back your thoughts. If this is too restrictive, I understand buddy.

No pull sorry. I can go anywhere. I’m about 6 miles from the area. Earlier is fine for me as well. I’ll be done around 4:30

Try Little Sister across the street from MBP

Second City in El Segundo is good, not great, but a nice place for dinner

BTW MBP only reserves 1/2 the restaurant. The other half is for shared table walk-ins.

That’s too early for us to make it down there…what time will you be wrapping up?

Unfortunately I am already committed to a client dinner that night or would love to join you. Just fyi, MBP is a great restaurant, but VERY loud making casual conversation difficult (perhaps quieter early on a Wednesday if you’re lucky). You might try Fonz’s just south of MBP on Manhattan Ave. It’s a favorite spot for locals with pretty good food and an interesting, if not huge, wine list and much lower noise level, especially if you choose an outside table. Corkage is only about $15 I think, though we are there so often that it’s waived for us. The “give your server a taste” technique probably would accomplish the same thing. To be clear, MBP is a much more interesting menu (and an interesting list as well), but if your evening is more about conversation than food then Fonz’s might be a better choice.

Little Sister is a terrific restaurant and you can probably get in there early on a Wednesday. Also noisy but smaller so not quite as overwhelming as MBP and a Vietnamese inspired fusion menu. Named in top 50 in L.A. by Gold (L.A. Times) I think. Enjoy!

Arnie, Peter and Adam, thanks for the replies and suggestions. Since Charlie and I were the only 2 dancing and now Mr Fu is occupied with another obligation, I am going to dance with my golf clubs at the driving range after work instead and a protein bar before I hit the car back home.

Next time I get up to the LAX area, I will work to offer more notice. Thanks again.