Potential East Coast Mike on Tour--Nov 5--16

Hi gang—just want to get the EWS up and running to say that I am giving some pretty serious consideration to an east coast tour starting at the end of October. May stretch as high up as Providence and will almost certainly get down to Raleigh-Durham. I’m hoping to be in NYC for one of the weekends, potentially to catch a Jets game. Just wanted to suss out everyone’s availability and interest. If all were to go perfectly, this would include stops in Providence, Boston, New York, Philly, Washington and R-D. I’ll probably spin off specific OL threads once I get my act together. But hope to see a bunch of people in the fall!

Slainte,

Mike

I may be free Nov 7 - 9. The previous weekend I’ll be visiting Carrie and Randy + bothering a few winemakers in Napa/Sonoma.

Mike, I would be happy to get the gang together if you come to Boston. Only caveat is that it would need to be a weekday.

I can organize something in NYC once the date is finalized.

Mike – I can try to get folks together for Philly.
And - I still have my shirt!

Thanks everyone for the early responses. Angelo, would a Friday night be workable? That is the tentative plan at this point. Dan, the 7th-9th weekend is the likelier scenario for my time in NYC.

Always keep me posted, lets plan on somewhere

Mike, a Friday night is pretty tough for me, but not entirely out of the question. What is the exact date? Also, even if I can’t swing it, I might be able to mobilize others to join you.

That should work for me.

November 9, 1:00 pm. Jets/Steelers. I should have an extra ticket and we have been known to drink some good wine at our tailgate parties. Yesterday I brought a 2010 Carlisle Mourvedre and a 2007 Pertimali Brunello. My sister brought a limited release Ridge Zin. We had about 15 people yesterday and we can handle a lot more if the weather is good.

OK, things are looking more solidified. Here’s where I think I’ll be so far:

November 5, Providence to visit with some buddies from a wine fantasy baseball league

November 6/7, Boston

November 7/8-10 NYC, including Jets game—either with you, Jay–many thanks if this is OK–, or my friend John. I’ll confirm all that via email, when would you want to know for sure?

November 11, Drive to Raleigh-Durham, evening with friend Nick (and others?)

November 12-13, Washington

November 14, Philly

November 15, possible visit in NJ

November 16, home.

Shall I set something up for Sat, nov 8th in NYC?

I would like to know a couple weeks in advance so I can offer the ticket to someone else, BUT we can have a Berserkerfest Tailgate Party on Sunday regardless of whose ticket you use. Just let me know if you want to go that route and I will post a separate thread just for the tailgate party. You want to pick a wine theme?

So, right now you are looking for a group on Friday, Nov 14 here in Philly?

I think so, Ted, yes. Josh, likely, but give me a bit of time to connect with some cousins I want to visit with and make sure they don’t want to have plans for me that night. However, it looks good.

Everyone, I will set up separate OL threads for each night once I’m completely sure of dates, etc. I still have a few non-board friends (I do have some of those :slight_smile: ) to reach out to in connection with this trip.

Mike