San Francisco (to be held in San Carlos) - November 14 - Truffle and Barolo!

I know that we still have possible September and October offlines but wanted to gauge people’s interest in having a white truffle dinner this upcoming truffle season. Looking at some past SF restaurants, November is a likely time to do this. Any suggestions on venue? I only saw Delfina so far but that is a hard restaurant to get into, probably even more so when they have truffle dinners, but maybe if we plan early enough we can make this happen. So please answer the following questions below:

1. Are you interested in having a truffle offline in November?
  2. Do you have any suggestions as for the venue? Can they accommodate a bunch of wine geeks?
  3. Have you gone to any truffles dinners in the city before? Where and was it worth it? What are the typical price range for these dinners?
  • J

Date: Nov. 14

List of Attendees:

1. Joel Galang - yes to San Carlos (Friday) - $125 / veal - cooked confirmed
  2. Ed Chin - yes to San Carlos (Friday) - $125 confirmed
  3. Craig Gleason - yes to San Carlos (Either) - $125 confirmed
  4. Leonard Maran - yes to San Carlos (Either) - $125 confirmed
  5. Rich Frankel - yes to San Carlos (Friday) - $125 confirmed
  6. Andrew Taylor - yes to San Carlos (Friday) confirmed
  7. Chiara - yes to San Carlos (Friday) confirmed
  8. Gary Ko - yes to San Carlos (Friday) - $125 / veal - either confirmed
  9. Cindy Wan - yes to San Carlos (Friday) - $125 / veal - tartare confirmed
  10. RS Beck - yes to San Carlos (Friday) - $125 / veal - either confirmed
  11. J Donner (Saturday) - $125 confirmed

Wait List:

1. P. Willenberg - yes to San Carlos
  2. chrisforno
  3. Sudhir Nakhwa - yes to San Carlos
  4. Sudhir Nakhwa +1 - yes to San Carlos
  5. Eugene Yeh (Either)

Joel all I can answer is yes to #1 Would love to join in if its a Truffle din din…

Great! I am sort of a newbie when it comes to this hence the numerous questions. Any berserkers out there with experience with these truffle dinners, feel free to send us some advice.

Is like to if I’m around. I’m booked for the weekend of the 8th for an offline in NY.

Joel,
Definitely interested; as to venues that’s tough; even just Truffles pasta dishes garner a high tarriff at Delfina Cotogna and SPQR (generally $20.00 to 40.00 a dish, and generally not worth it IMO, though I do love truffles). I’m in for a Barolo/Barberesco offline.

I’m in for any event that includes lots of nebbiolo-based wines. I’m a white truffle novice, so can’t really help there sadly.

I’m interested depending on date.

Chiara and I may be able to host a dinner at our place for 8 to 10 people depending on interest. Could put together three courses (risotto, crudo di Vitello, poached egg on a baked potatoe or some pasta). I have a SF wholesaler contact who imports truffles direct and gave us a good deal…and we have a couple of truffle shavers ready to go. Everyone can just contribute towards the cost of the truffles.

I am interested depending on date.

Great ideas from everyone, just started a list so we know where we are at in terms of attendees, even though the date is quite far and things can change.

Please put me down for now.

But me on the wait list please. I really want to attend this!!!

I’m interested depending on the date.

I love truffles and have a pretty good Barolo collection. Would love to take part. Please put me on the wait list.

Put me on the wait list please.

Moving to the peninsula next week including my bottles of Barolo! Would love to meet some new wine friends and attend depending on the date!

Please Waitlist me

Please see update in first post regarding venue, we will need to decide if / who can do this in San Carlos as Andrew is kind enough to open his home to us fellow berserkers. Please vote simply be posting here and I will tally the votes in the first page. Below is what you need to vote on

1. Will you be willing to go to San Carlos for this truffle/barolo offline? yes or no

Main obstacle here is transportation, I think. Does anyone have suggestions? Uber carpool (do they go that far)? Hire a town car?

I work in San Mateo, so San Carlos is ideal for me.

Also, I can help cook from about 5:30 on.

san carlos is good with me. for sf peeps, I could drive you to the train or bart station