Epiphany @ Chablis November 1st

Talked this idea over a little bit at the Pinot Dinner…

I was thinking early November. 1st or 8th Perhaps. Open to really anything. I liked that back room we had at Chablis (minus the steams), but would be okay with a venue change if someone had a suggestion.

What Epiphany you ask…see below post…

Which Bottle Was Your Epiphany - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers or think about that one wine “that did it for you”, lit the flame", “ignited your passion”, “started you on a journey of which there was no end”

Might be interesting to see if we could do this blind. Only hurdle is the wines are going to end up being pretty diverse.

Confirmed

Danny (Sadly I don’t have a +1)
Eric+1
Scott+1
Bruce+1
Brian+1
Adam G+1
Marc+1
Arnie+1 (Maybe?)
Fu (Maybe?)

Upon the reveal or tasting the person who brought the wine should speak to the group and explain why it was an epiphany to them.

flirtysmile

Danny,
Please add Laurie and I to your list or waiting list. Question, if the epiphany wine is no longer available, do you then bring a later vintage even if it is not as good as they were 15 years ago?

We are in. I just need to find a bottle of the stuff. If we are bringing a spouse, do you want two of the same bottle? Thoughts.

Yes. Lets make that the plan. I relieze that some of these bottles may be to difficult to find or very cost prohibitive.

Yikes I didn’t think about that…Lets throw out a couple of ideas people can mull over…

Two Bottles of Same
A Second Epiphany (although I have no clue in hell what that means)
No +1/Spouses

No +1 spouses
[winner.gif]

Well I had a second Epiphany…she was Itialian, oh yea and the wine too [snort.gif]

In one way or another.

Those dates look good to me. I’m fine with Chablis as the venue.

Those dates are currently fine with us!

Your +1 would have the Epiphany

my kind of dinner

Does that mean you are joining us Fu

I also, think the dinner should have a smaller cap than the last dinner. It was fun to try so many different things, but we all tasted 1-2 sips of each if it even made it that far around.

What are we to do if we either can’t locate the vintage of the bottle and or its past its prime? Current vintage?

prbly not, my epiphany wine is like $750 now [snort.gif]

edit: Completely wrong. I know what my epiphany wine is. Darn great wine and I actually have a few. If the dates work out i’ll definitely join.

If you did 1oz pours you could have 25. 2 oz is a max of 12.

I’d say oldest one you have of the Epiphany wine. Doesn’t have to exactly match the year. To me the story is as interesting as the wine.

If you can’t find the vintage, its past its prime, way to cost prohibitive, bring something another vintage.

We have two option before I updated the first post.

1. We can cap at 25, allow +1’s, you would bring two bottles different vintages of the same wine.

2. We can cap at 12, not allow +1’s, One bottle, Hopefully the same vintage. if not, no big deal bring another good vintage.

I am perfectly okay with either option, so I am just going to go with what you’ll vote on.
I already have Eric’s vote counted!

I’m the newbie to your group so my say is of lesser weight. I know my +1 would have an issue since she introduced me to the epiphany wine. Today the +1 is my rock star and the epiphany wine is not so much - it’s been a while and it conglomerated.