BBQ & BYO North Fork Long Island - Sept 1st

Anyone have any interested in heading to the north fork of LI for some bbq & byo fun?

I will happily host and cook.

Monday, Sept 1st
1pm or onward
25 Saint Mary’s Drive
Jamesport NY 11947

I am off the whole week so happy to do more than one date if that works for better for folks.

We are in South Jamesport so pretty easy transit options. Only about an hour and a half from NYC. Jitney stops about 1 mile away.

Have hosted as many as 50 or so folks for BBQ events before so # of attendees not a problem.

Let me know if any interest and I will start planning a menu.

Marvelous and thank you Josh! All dates are good for me but Saturday or Sunday are a preferance.

For those who might fly in, the Islip/MacArthur Airport connects easily at the Ronkonkoma Station of the Long Island RR, which is the branch you need to be on to get to Josh’s.

System map http://web.mta.info/lirr/Timetable/lirrmap.htm

Great, you let me know which date you prefer and will set it up.

FYI, address is:

25 Saint Mary’s Drive
Jamesport NY 11947

About a 5 minute walk from south jamesport beach on the peconic bay if anyone wants to enjoy the beach as well.

was Saturday, August 30th

CHANGED TO MONDAY THE 1st
System map http://web.mta.info/lirr/Timetable/lirrmap.htm

I have to check with my son, who will be in from out of town for that weekend, but subject to getting everyone else on board, it looks like a fun outing. Google maps shows that I drive out 25 about three miles past Paumanok, and just before I get to the Chunnel, I get to Jamesport. Is that correct?

You got it! I did the drive from your house out that after berserkerfest…not that bad of a trip. A few other ways around to avoid traffic when you get close, I can navigate when you get closer.

Just putting this back out there if anyone is free for the holiday weekend…still more than happy to host.

Wish I could make it, Josh. We already had plans to meet friend at Bacchanal that evening.

Matt and Sam will be out Sunday afternoon and all day Monday if you are free…happy to have you either of those days if better.

Monday could work. I’ll send you an email later today.

Josh thank you again for being so gracious. I am confirming my change from Saturday, expect me on Monday, Sept 1st.

See you then.

Sounds good, think it is me, Karen, you, jay, Diane, Matt and Sam right now for Monday. My parents may pop by as well but still tbd.

If anyone else wants to join feel free.

Josh, I am looking forward to Monday and filling you in more on my “Wine-danch” work.

Wyandanch a hamlet and LIRR Station in Babylon Township, situated on the very RR branch leading to the North Fork, is undergoing a transformation by the Albanese Organization http://www.albaneseorg.com/. It is a multi/use/income development called ‘Wyandanch Rising’ .

I became self-appointed to create an awareness of the wines and art from Suffolk County and … what better place than on the path to the wine county. I envision another kind of depot, right there, with a hop/on hop/off experience with tastings etc, called WINEdanch for that purpose.

- YouTube The beginning of this recent video is advanced to the a few minutes of me and developer Russell Albanese talking about this much needed transformation in Suffolk County.
Margie Russell

Josh an update on my hooking up with Suffolk County Vineyards.
Were it not for your invitation to visit out-east I wouldn’t have had the opportunity to stop by and meet with Charles Massoud, Proprietor of Paumanok Vineyards, in your neighboring town.

Apparently Charles had been very interested to get his wines into Tavern on the Green, Central Park, NYC. I hold events there and for my function this Wed, the 17th, I succeeded in getting his wines to be served to my group of 70+, from now on. But it is up to Paumanok to further the relationship. And I look forward to doing this at my other venues as well.

Thanks again for your previous advice on how to promote Suffolk County Wines.

Looks like the secret is out. Charles has long been a favorite of this board on Long Island. I’m surprised not to see much mention of Paumanok. It should be a #1 stop on the north shore wine tour. He’s a very gracious host. [cheers.gif]

Dan thank you for giving my new friend Charles Massoud a bump. And thank you Josh for including me at your home on Labor Day allowing me to visit Paumanok. The below link is to an excerpt of Charles explaining the Suffolk County wine being served, to an audience of 72, at Tavern on the Green during NYARM’s recent luncheon. His wines will be served at my organization’s lunches going forward and we are now working on including his, and other Suffolk County wines, at the larger annual venues.

Charles Massoud, proprietor of Paumanok Vineyards located on the North Fork of Long Island in Aquebogue, NY. can be reached at https://www.paumanok.com/ (631) 722-8800.

NYARM, New York Association of Realty Managers, supports Suffolk County:
WINE, WATER & THE ARTS
“Suffolk County comes to NYC & NYC goes to Suffolk County.”
WHY? Because it is good for the Greater NY Area Buildings’ Industry.

Short video excerpt from Tavern on the Green lunch. Margie Russell, NYARM & Charles Massoud, Paumanok Wines - YouTube
Margie Russell