CHICAGO - Weygandt-Metzler Tasting

hi everyone -

since moving to chicago i’ve been trying to lure the guys at Weygandt-Metzler to have a tasting in chicago, and i can finally say the stars have aligned! tim o’rourke (gm of the weygandt wines store in dc) will be in town for what will most certainly be a fun evening. i’ve been working with the guys at domaine to setup a tasting featuring some of their new wines. here are the details:

Date: Thursday August, 28
Time: 5:30pm - 8:00pm

Wines being poured:

Nicolas Maillart Champagne Brut Rosé Grand Cru NV
J.L. Vergnon Champagne Confidence Brut Nature Blanc de Blancs Grand Cru 2008
Weinkeller Aigner Grüner Veltliner Sandgrube Kremstal 2013
Domaine Des Moirots Christophe Denizot Montagny 1er Cru Le Vieux Chateau 2012
Eric Morgat Savennières L’Enclos 2010
Pichler-Krutzler Riesling Loibner Loibenberg 2012
Domaine de Prion Fleurie La Madone 2011
Yannick Amirault Bourgueil Les Quartiers 2010
Domaine Philippe Charlopin-Parizot Gevrey-Chambertin La Justice 2011
Domaine Charvin Côtes du Rhône Le Poutet 2012
Clos Marie Coteaux du Languedoc Pic St. Loup Vieilles Vignes Métairies du Clos 2010

as a thank you for attending this gathering, tim will be extending all guests discounted pricing on the bottles listed above. tim has also promised to pour a bonus bottle for all the burgundy lovers out there from one of their star producers.

let me know if you can make it.

DISCLAIMER: i worked part-time at the weygandt wine shop in dc for 2.5 months back in 2011.

I’ve got a thing b/w 6 and 7 that night, but I’ll swing by afterwards if I can.

I know Thomas is quite fond of Tim. I’ll try to be there.

Really looking forward to this and meeting some folks that I’ve only emailed with or spoken to on the phone, as well as anyone else who will, no doubt, add to the festivities. A big thank you to Matt Latuchie for helping to coordinate and Chris Klingenstein for hosting at Domaine. Tooch posted the list, but I’ll also bring a couple of bonus bottles which may or may not include something Grand Cru from Cecile Tremblay and a Cazatiers from Serafin. We’ll just have to see what shows up…

Sounds like fun; I’ll plan to attend

I’ll try to make it, but it would only be able to get there later in the event.

I’m planning on swinging by. Like others. Probably later in the event.

great - should be a lot of fun.