Bottle of Pain III Schoolhouse at Cannondale Wilton Ct Sept 26th 6pm- ONE SPOT OPEN !

Hi all
I haven’t arranged an offline in a while but some of the past events have been quite memorable. We held at least two previous gigs at this locale. Theme is bottle of pain which means a special or rare btl that pains you to part with it. Past examples are Ode to E, Lafleur, Grange, Scarecrow, Massetto Dominus etc For the sake of fairness the btls should have a min retail of $100.

I am thinking late September possibly on a Wednesday or a Friday…We would have Tim Lebant the chef/owner make us a special prix fixe meal if he is willing as in the past. Are any past players or new people interested ? I figure if we get at least 8 people or max of 10 this would be worth doing. So what do people think ? If others like the theme great if not I am open to suggestions…

Jonathan,

I’ve always wanted to eat at this restaurant. I like the theme. I have some bottles that would pain me to bring.

Jonathan,

I’m local and would have interest in sharing some pain.

Andrew

If it is a Wednesday, I maybe able to join up. I’m in Stamford quite a bit on business.

This is coming along quite nicely so far. I have a friend Chris Grimm who is seldom on the board who is also interested. So far we have interested:

1:Jonathan
2:Dan
3:Andrew
4:Phil
5:Jim Dove
6:Steve Gellman
7:Steve Matthesen
8:& 9: Drew +1
10:Jim Cohen

I actually work in Wilton quite a lot so depending on the details, I am a possible

My friend Phil who is itb would also like to join us. Edited list in my last post. Would others like to max out at 10 people on this event or 12 ? Not sure if it really matters as I am not sure we will have more than 10 responses but would like others thoughts on this.

I don’t get on the board much but live in Weston and would love to join if I am in town.

Jim Dove
Jim.dove@charter.com
203. X993. X4023

Hey Jonathan,

Long time, if the dates works count me in

I am interested.

Possible dates that are bring considered include the ending weds and Fridays that would be 17th 19ht 24th or 26th. I would prefer the 24th as first choice and the 17th as 2nd choice but lets see what works for the greatest number of people. Also do others want to max this event out at 12 or prefer 10 for bigger pours. It doesn’t matter to me as we always have at least 12-14 btls of wine between 10 people.
So if everyone could pick date choices that would be great.

Friday better for me – either 26 or 19 fine. Could also do 24th.
I would probably keep it to 10 if we are bringing really nice bottles. The pours start to get small with 12.

Doesn’t work > 17th 19th > trade show + 24th is my daughter-in-law and momentarily mother-to-be birthday.

Works > 26th

I’ll go with the flow.

Sounds reasonable to me lets max the group out at 10 people. So we are full now if it turns out everyone can make the date. Please if anyone else is interested please chime in as we know how things can change. I am leaning towards the 26th as we have some response from the group on this date so far but I will wait to hear from a few more folks on their pick…I haven’t decided what to bring yet but it should be the WOTN … [tease.gif]

26th likely best for me

depending on the date I could be interested + 1

Hi Drew
Nice to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and the family. We decided to max the event at 10 people and we have that number who have expressed interest. The date has not been picked yes however and it is likely a spot will open. I will put you and your bride first on the waitlist. Hoping you can join us again it would be great to catch up.

26th would be best for me

It’s going to pain me to bring a '10 Maybach. Not so much for sharing a good wine with friends, but doing a Pobega and drinking this young.

thanks