Wine Educators Conference in Seattle Meetup

Anyone going to the Wine Educators Conference in Seattle and interested in Wine Beserkers meetup? Don’t have a clue how to arrange but would be willing to try.

That’s too bad; this is the first year in a while that I’m not going. Hopefully people will notice this thread. I know a few members of the board generally attend, but I don’t know how often they check in here. I don’t know if Seattle is BYO friendly, but there might be a suitable place. I would think if a local could bring a bunch of glassware, you’d be able to use a space in the hotel if it came down to it.

I will be pouring at one of the Vouvray Immersion stations on Thursday, so feel free to pop by to taste some Vouvray (not sure which ones yet) and say hello. I’ll be the guy with glasses and a beard. Of course this is Seattle so that might be all of the pourers.

I’ve got no connection to the conference but I am a bored recent transplant to the city so would be happy to help if there is interest in putting something together. I’ve not yet found a good BYO - doesn’t seem to be that sort of town - but have glassware if that’s an issue. If also be wiling to host a dinner at my place if location is an issue. Don’t expect a Michelin starred experience but I could pull something together to support a few bottles of wine. I am a 15 minute bus ride or 30 minute walk from downtown.

Eric

Will look out for you Matt. What time does that one start on Thursday? Too late, and I’ll have trouble recognizing my wife.

Don’t know still how many people from Wineberserkers will be there. So far I only know of 5 of us but perhaps Seattle area members want to get together.

I believe it goes from 2-6.